03' Cobra, 460RWHP, Tire Recommendations

Nitto is also coming out with a new NT05R. It is a Drag Radial version of the NT05.

NT05_3Quartercopy-1.jpg

NITTO TIRE RELEASES ALL-NEW DRAG-SPECIFIC RADIAL: NT05R

Cypress, Calif., October 26, 2009 – Nitto Tire announces the release of its all-new D.O.T.-compliant competition drag radial, the NT05R™. The NT05R is Nitto’s most aggressive drag radial designed for competition use. Nitto will officially debut the tire at this year’s SEMA show, held at the Las Vegas Convention Center from November 3 to 6, 2009. Visit Nitto at booth #46115 to see the tire. The NT05R will be available for purchase in the first quarter of 2010. Nitto’s top priority during the development of the tire was to maximize traction. To achieve this, Nitto engineered an all-new specialized race compound and a large contact patch. The dual-purpose sidewall construction is enhanced for traction during launch as well as straight-line stability at the top-end. This improves consistency and controllability throughout the entire pass. The NT05 will be available in popular 17- to 20-inch rim diameters designed for high-performance drag racing vehicles. Included in the size lineup is a P345/30R19, which is the world’s first 19-inch drag radial. Sizes will be released throughout 2010.

Coming Soon
NittoChart-1.jpg

LL Indicates Light Load. Technical Information subject to change without notice.

The new NT05R Drag Radial will not be phasing out the current NT555R Drag Radial. For those of you considering a street legal drag set up, the new NT05R Drag Radial will complement the recently released NT05 very well. As of right now, there is no actual release dates so pricing is yet to be determined.

BTW: I am currently running Goodyear GS-D3's at almost 700 RWHP and they only hook in 3rd and beyond.

• Sponsors (?)

Nitto is also coming out with a new NT05R. It is a Drag Radial version of the NT05.

NT05_3Quartercopy-1.jpg

NittoChart-1.jpg

LL Indicates Light Load. Technical Information subject to change without notice.

The new NT05R Drag Radial will not be phasing out the current NT555R Drag Radial. For those of you considering a street legal drag set up, the new NT05R Drag Radial will complement the recently released NT05 very well. As of right now, there is no actual release dates so pricing is yet to be determined.

BTW: I am currently running Goodyear GS-D3's at almost 700 RWHP and they only hook in 3rd and beyond.

If it were me, I would wait for these NT05R's to come out early next year. Not sure if they will fit like the NT555R's though.