03 cobra brake kit worth it?

evil281

Jan 6, 2008
Arizona
i have a 1999 mustang gt and i was looking at getting the 03 cobra brake kit, is it good for the price and should i do front and rear?? or do you recommend a dif brake kit?? have most all bolt ons and plan to go with kenne bell soon so i need better brakes before that, let me know thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

The Bullit/Cobra/Mach 1 brake kits are a great upgrade from the stock GT system, especially considering the price. Just make sure you get SS lines with whatever kit you choose.

Of course you can get better brakes, but with an increase in price to boot. If I had to do it again, I'd get the 00R Brembo kit with the 4 piston caliper. It used to run about 900 to 1k, but I haven't checked prices lately.

yes its worth it. and get both front and rear. for the rears just buy the brackets rotors and dust shields your stock rear calipers will work with a little bit of grinding on the bracket. its worth every penny. I actaully drove my car with just the fronts installed and then after the rears and it does make a difference and it is noticable. plus i think having tiney rotors in the rear with big rotors up front looks stupid.

i am also about to upgrade my front brakes but am confused on how different color calipers can make up for over $100 difference..... the cobra/mach/bullitt calipers are all the same correct? .... i see buyfordracing.com has the mach kit for $360 but if i wanted to get red calipers say, the bullitts.... i would have to pay $100 + more for the same thing?? am i missing something?

i am also about to upgrade my front brakes but am confused on how different color calipers can make up for over $100 difference..... the cobra/mach/bullitt calipers are all the same correct? .... i see buyfordracing.com has the mach kit for $360 but if i wanted to get red calipers say, the bullitts.... i would have to pay $100 + more for the same thing?? am i missing something?

Cobra=Mach=Bullitt caliper, sans color options.

Yes it is worth it. I did the Cobra calipers up front with a drilled and slotted rotor and love them.

Instead of doing the cobra rear brakes I went with Baer's 13" rotor upgrade kit. The kit comes with brackets to relocate your stock calipers so you can use them with 13" drilled slotted rotors supplied witht the kit. Kit comes with everything you need and only cost around $250.00 if I remember correctly.

View attachment 309255

Yes it is worth it. I did the Cobra calipers up front with a drilled and slotted rotor and love them.

Instead of doing the cobra rear brakes I went with Baer's 13" rotor upgrade kit. The kit comes with brackets to relocate your stock calipers so you can use them with 13" drilled slotted rotors supplied witht the kit. Kit comes with everything you need and only cost around $250.00 if I remember correctly.

View attachment 309254

Sweet! thats probly what ill do with rear then, do they come not drilled or slotted? I have to wait an extra week now tho cause i signed up for my classes and they said I have to pay today so i have to wait for my check from my school savings to be sent to me cause it just came out of my spending money :(