03 Cobra drivetrain into 92 GT...Got a few questions

MikeC

Founding Member
Aug 1, 2002
SLC, UT
I just bought a complete salvaged 03 Cobra and I’m going to do an engine/drive train/ dash/wiring harness/fuel system/brakes swap into my 92 GT. I’ve done some research but still have a few questions.

1) I’ve read that the 03 fuel tank will fit into the Fox. If anyone has done this, how did you adapt the filler necks?
2) What transmission cross member should I used? Can the Fox be adapted? Special trans mount? Or other cross members from a SN95 Mustang or can the 03 be adapted to work?
3) How do I convert the combined 03 Cobra brake/turn signal light into separate brake and turn for the Fox?
4) Is there any way to keep the stock 92 hood and make the Terminator engine fit under it? MM sells spacers that lower the K-member and engine for better hood clearance. Will these give me the clearance I want? I’d like to keep it a sleeper look, 5.0 side emblems and all.
5) Any good websites for swaps like this?

• Sponsors (?)

Post on modularfords.com, in the modular conversions section.
You may not even need to post there, pretty much all variables have already been figured out by other people for you.
There really is no better section for the conversion. Just make sure to read up and search before you ask questions.