03 COBRA Engine - into a FOX Body?

Netrave

Founding Member
May 18, 2002
Florida
Hey i can get a hold of a 03 Cobra Engine, with supercharger, tranny and computer for extremely cheap... I have a 1991 GT Convertible...

Is it possible to swap the cobra engine into this car? do they make a kit or something for it? and does anyone know how i would wire the computer into it with the gauges, or do i have to get cobra gauges... any information on this swap would be helpful...

• Sponsors (?)

Netrave said:
Hey i can get a hold of a 03 Cobra Engine, with supercharger, tranny and computer for extremely cheap... I have a 1991 GT Convertible...

Is it possible to swap the cobra engine into this car? do they make a kit or something for it? and does anyone know how i would wire the computer into it with the gauges, or do i have to get cobra gauges... any information on this swap would be helpful...
yep..it's possible..
go check:

http://www.modularfox.com/pk/index.htm

http://www.modularfox.com

Enjoy..IMO looks badass..

Netrave said:

i would imagine its possible, i dont see why not..

you're gonna need a new cluster.. i would imagine you're going to need a new fuel system, k-member

are you getting the wiring harness with it?

the complete motor will hit you about $10,000 dollars give or take a little. The trans will hit you about $2000-$3000 dollars. You have to get a K-member, price depends on what you want. You have to get a computer and wiring harness. O you have to get cobra cluster because i think the computer talks to it. You'll have to buy a full exhaust system, price depends on what you go with. You'll have to call aero motive or SHM to get your fuel system because 03 are returnless. Once you get all that and labor you'll have yourself a 12sec car if you can hook. :nice: So to be safe looking at about $15-20,000 dollars. This is what i'm assuming it would be around. :shrug:

i have a 91 fox and two supercharged cobra motors im trying to decide which to use i drive my 03 car now and the other motor is a 98 with a kenne bell witch needs rebuilt would be willing to sell it im lening to the o3 just becaus the way it runs and i will have all my parts the swap is easy with a donor car ther is a company tha makes a tub k member anthonyjonesengineering.com which is for the 4.6 to fit in the car with ease you also have to use the hydroboost brake systemand all my wiring from my car the cluster will fit in the fox dash you will have to do some wiring adapting from what i know and the fuel system their is also a issue with the theft system car wont crank with out a bypas chip by AEW cost 400 (626)222-4648 i will be using all 5 lug from a 96 gt so my drive shaft and all components workit all comes down to some costom work and money and retro fitting every thing onto the fox body i wil be doing mine in the drivway do to my garage isnt built yet if you have any info i could use or any ?call (606)273-3346