'03 Cobra Front Bumper?

TrueBlueL2

Feb 28, 2002
Miami, FL
I just been hearing that the '03 Cobra front bumper does not fit on the 99-04 GT's w/ the hood. I wanted to know what the problem was. Some people say it's just that there is a slightly larger gap, but if that's the problem then I can deal with that. I don't have the stock hood anymore I have a Cobra R hood from steeda w/ only hood pins holding it down so I don't have any problem w/ latches and all. Thanx guys. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

i think there is simple fix. If I remenber right, you need to enlarge or drill new hole for plastic tab to go through, or something like that. there was thread about this recently that had a link to Corral net that had pic and how on it. Do serch

Below is a pic of the saleen bumper used with a 03 cobra hood. The 99+ gt bumpers come up just as high as the saleen bumper, so you will notice a 1"+/- gap between the hood and the bumper.

345-1084729554.jpg

Attachments

• 345-1084729554.jpg
    345-1084729554.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 58
It will fit fine. :D With an 03 Cobra bumper and a stock fitting hood the fit will actually be tight. The fix is to move the mounting holes for the bumper back on the car about 1/4". I did not do this and there is a slight rub, but it cannot be seen, but there is no gap either.

Also, some rewiring of the foglights is needed, but is pretty simple. The other thing I did was paint the core support black as the red was too visible, and I also added a small mesh screen to the opening to help protect the raditor/AC.

Attachments

• 100_0057.jpg
    100_0057.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 139
FriscoGT said:
It will fit fine. :D With an 03 Cobra bumper and a stock fitting hood the fit will actually be tight. The fix is to move the mounting holes for the bumper back on the car about 1/4". I did not do this and there is a slight rub, but it cannot be seen, but there is no gap either.

Also, some rewiring of the foglights is needed, but is pretty simple. The other thing I did was paint the core support black as the red was too visible, and I also added a small mesh screen to the opening to help protect the raditor/AC.

This is correct, or you can also cut the two sides of the 03 bumper and re-mold them. Either way works, but drilling the holes is easiest. My question is has anyone seen the Cobra R front splitter on the 03 bumper in person? It's on Steeda's add and I love the look but I have never seen it in person.

DJsZincGT said:
This is correct, or you can also cut the two sides of the 03 bumper and re-mold them. Either way works, but drilling the holes is easiest. My question is has anyone seen the Cobra R front splitter on the 03 bumper in person? It's on Steeda's add and I love the look but I have never seen it in person.
Saw a true Cobra R in TN at the Mustang show and the spoiler looks awesome, but it is super low.

99GHOST said:
Saw a true Cobra R in TN at the Mustang show and the spoiler looks awesome, but it is super low.

Yeh I've seen them in person too, and a lot of people have that look around here, but I'm interested in the 03 Cobra bumper with that splitter. I want something a little different.