03 Cobra Hood on 04 GT???

nick6704

Sep 7, 2004
I have an opportunity to buy an 03 Cobra hood used for cheap and I would like to put it on my 04 GT, but someone just told me that it won't fit on my car without the Cobra bumper as well. I want to keep my front bumper so is there a way to make the hood work or should I just scrap the idea? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

It fits easy. I have a damaged cobra hood sitting in my garage. I test fit it a few times, and it's a direct replacement for the stock one, that includes where it bolts to the hinges, the grounding strap, the latch, everything is the exact right match.

It leaves a little gap between those vertical shaped pieces of your bumper and the edge of the hood, but it's barely noticable.

Any insight to how I can get it to fit? I've got a pretty well setup garage at my house and I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but I've never really done much body work, so any hints would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I think you just drill alternate holes for the top two trim fasteners on the bumper cover. It is not a big adjustment and as sgarlic said, you can just leave it and few would even notice.

I think a better choice is the R hood. But since the thread starter is getting his for cheap...

I love that hood, maybe thats why i have one. I'll post pics on Saturday after our track night tomorrow.

BTW, it'll fit no problem. Just there will be a slightly larger gap in the front between the front edge of the hood and the two vertical peices of the bumper that surround the grill

I used to have the stock GT hood with the saleen bumper (which is same as the GT bumper), then later on I put a 03 cobra hood. It's just a drop in replacement !

76410.jpg