'03 Cobra IRS Swap in SN95 Project

• Sponsors (?)

I was about to say, make sure to replace the bushings while you have the IRS out. Good job!!

MM subframe brushing for IRS. Got the tool also.

163338_10151528832333109_1576712493_n.jpg

I only replaced the Subframe Bushings. In the near future i will probably do the FTBR Kit. That will come.... once funds arrive.

It was hard for me to justify spending like $700 for the FTBR Kit when my entire IRS Cost $600 lol

So Here it Goes!!

Current Set-Up
- Ford 8.8 Solid Rear End
- Built By Stu’s Trans in Long Beach, CA. (25,000 Miles on Build)
- New Wheel bearings, Pinion Bearings, Seals, and Axle Vent.
- Ford Racing 3.73 Gears.
- Auburn HD Limited Slip Diff.
- Maximum Motorsport Adjustable Lower Control Arms.
- Ford Racing Upper Control Arms.
- New OEM Ford Diff Housing Bushings.
- 98 Cobra Rear Sway Bar (The strongest SRA Sway Bar Made)
- Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar.
- Tokico 5 Way Adjustable Shocks
- Eibach Sportline Springs
- J&M SS Braided Lines in the Rear
- Bassani Catback w/3.5 Inch Tips

New Set Up
- 03 Cobra IRS with Carbon Fiber Trac-Loc
- 3.55 Gears
- Maximum Motorsports Poly Subframe Bushings
- Maximum Motorsports SS Braided Lines.
- 10mm MALE TO 10mm MALE 7-5/8 INCH LONG METRIC STEEL BRAKE HARDLINE
- CNC T ADAPTER FOR 10mm x 1.0 METRIC BUBBLE FLARE BRAKE LINES
- Rotorworks Slotted Cobra Rotors
- H&R Sport Springs
- 03 Cobra Bilstein Shocks and Struts
- Ford Motorcrafts Fluid
- Magnaflow IRS Catback.

I got the entire IRS With catback and rear shock for $600!!! Bought everything else.

Instead of drilling through the frame, i just welded the IRS to the frame.

Here is the Install

IMG_1113Small.jpg

IMG_1115Small.jpg

IMG_1116Small.jpg

IMG_1118Small.jpg

IMG_1124Small.jpg

IMG_1125Small.jpg

IMG_1129Small.jpg

IMG_1131Small.jpg

IMG_1133Small.jpg

IMG_1135Small.jpg

IMG_1140Small.jpg

IMG_1145Small.jpg

IMG_1146Small.jpg

IMG_1149Small.jpg

IMG_1152Small.jpg

IMG_1153Small.jpg

IMG_1162Small.jpg

IMG_1164Small.jpg

IMG_1168Small.jpg

IMG_1169Small.jpg

FINAL RESULTS!!

IMG_1181Small.jpg

IMG_1191Small.jpg

IMG_1357Small.jpg

IMG_1373Small.jpg

Looks awesome as usual. I'm sure you plan to polish the pipes at some point. I had issues with the rear tires slightly cutting into the fender so I put iso's on the bottom of the rear and it made a great change in ride as well as just enough height to not cut the tires.

I gotta fix the exhaust still and install the rear hangers to get them aligned perfectly.

Do you plan on getting a rear dif brace or maybe the ford racing setup that includes an upgraded housing from FTBR?

Blast from the past. I was wondering if you had a part number for that distribution block and did you have to change your companion flange from you SRA to the IRS? Getting ready to do the swap in a fox body! Thanks.

Blast from the past. I was wondering if you had a part number for that distribution block and did you have to change your companion flange from you SRA to the IRS? Getting ready to do the swap in a fox body! Thanks.

http://www.pacificcustoms.com/CNC883.html

That's the part I used. I changed the flange on the driveshaft as its a much easier change than on the SRA/IRS part. The IRS is loaded and it takes a ton of torque to get it back together. Hope that helps.

I have a question... :chin

IMG_1357Small.jpg

I don't see many SN95s slammed as low as this one. Is there an after market fender revision of some type that makes the front wheel well contour the wheel better when it's that low? The rear one seems like a better fit.

Great job on the IRS. How much has the handling changed?

He works for Chem Guys I'm pretty sure.

He does (or at least used to).

I don't see many SN95s slammed as low as this one. Is there an after market fender revision of some type that makes the front wheel well contour the wheel better when it's that low? The rear one seems like a better fit.

It may not be, but that pic looks like it's photoshopped to me.

No fender revisions. Fender are stock all around. Actually, it got lower when I did the IRS swap cause i went to H&R Sport Springs (03/04 Cobra Spec) and it lowered it down alot. I am also running no ISOs in the front and only the Upper ISOs on the back.

The wheels fit the body so well in the front because they are 9 inch wide wheels all around.

It may not be, but that pic looks like it's photoshopped to me.

The pic is not photoshopped, that is the real ride height. It is that sexy.

The pic is not photoshopped, that is the real ride height. It is that sexy.

Actually, it got lower when I did the IRS swap cause i went to H&R Sport Springs (03/04 Cobra Spec) and it lowered it down alot. I am also running no ISOs in the front and only the Upper ISOs on the back.

I think that's why I thought it was 'shopped. I knew it definitely didn't use to be that low, haha.

Thanks for the link! Part came in yesterday!

No problem man. Your local auto supply shop should have the lines that you need. Be sure the flares are the correct type otherwise you will have leaks. I cut my supply line right above where the pumpkin is and ran the lines from there. I've seen some setups where they put the T on the passenger side and then go to the driver side as well.