Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by SRT Handz, Feb 21, 2013.
Sure wish my IRS exhaust was aligned that well instead of being absurdly cock-eyed
I spent like a hour aligning the pipes. Kinda sucks since i am gonna take it off and polish it lol
I was about to say, make sure to replace the bushings while you have the IRS out. Good job!!
I only replaced the Subframe Bushings. In the near future i will probably do the FTBR Kit. That will come.... once funds arrive.
It was hard for me to justify spending like $700 for the FTBR Kit when my entire IRS Cost $600 lol
So Here it Goes!!
- Ford 8.8 Solid Rear End
- Built By Stu’s Trans in Long Beach, CA. (25,000 Miles on Build)
- New Wheel bearings, Pinion Bearings, Seals, and Axle Vent.
- Ford Racing 3.73 Gears.
- Auburn HD Limited Slip Diff.
- Maximum Motorsport Adjustable Lower Control Arms.
- Ford Racing Upper Control Arms.
- New OEM Ford Diff Housing Bushings.
- 98 Cobra Rear Sway Bar (The strongest SRA Sway Bar Made)
- Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar.
- Tokico 5 Way Adjustable Shocks
- Eibach Sportline Springs
- J&M SS Braided Lines in the Rear
- Bassani Catback w/3.5 Inch Tips
New Set Up
- 03 Cobra IRS with Carbon Fiber Trac-Loc
- 3.55 Gears
- Maximum Motorsports Poly Subframe Bushings
- Maximum Motorsports SS Braided Lines.
- 10mm MALE TO 10mm MALE 7-5/8 INCH LONG METRIC STEEL BRAKE HARDLINE
- CNC T ADAPTER FOR 10mm x 1.0 METRIC BUBBLE FLARE BRAKE LINES
- Rotorworks Slotted Cobra Rotors
- H&R Sport Springs
- 03 Cobra Bilstein Shocks and Struts
- Ford Motorcrafts Fluid
- Magnaflow IRS Catback.
I got the entire IRS With catback and rear shock for $600!!! Bought everything else.
Instead of drilling through the frame, i just welded the IRS to the frame.
Here is the Install
Looks awesome as usual. I'm sure you plan to polish the pipes at some point. I had issues with the rear tires slightly cutting into the fender so I put iso's on the bottom of the rear and it made a great change in ride as well as just enough height to not cut the tires.
I gotta fix the exhaust still and install the rear hangers to get them aligned perfectly.
Do you plan on getting a rear dif brace or maybe the ford racing setup that includes an upgraded housing from FTBR?
I plan on taking the exhaust off and polishing it within the next 2 week
looks amazing like most of your work! enjoy it!
Very nice. Any opinions on the handling and ride?
I'm waiting to get my diff back from the shop with 4.10 gears and the upgraded differential cover. Gah can't wait. Gotta polish my exhaust as well.