03 cobra killed me, then I Killed him worse

Quikstang

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2000
Orlando FL
I have had the car back together for about 2 weeks now, but between work and everything else going on in my life right now had not had time to get out. I got a call from a guy I had planned on running about two months ago before I destroyed the tranny. he has an 04 cobra, with chip, pully, exhaust, I have seen it go 11.90's @ 121 mph on 17 inch mickies. We meet up at a spot on the toll road about 12:30 and run it up a few times...

1st run - Him vs me on motor... 10 mph roll, he gets the jump... as soon as he gets into it. I punch it and instantly catch him, I pull about a half a car on him through about 80 mph, but then the blower caught up to me, I hit 4th and he has me by a good half a car and just starts walking.. We hit the brakes out about 2 cars... We slow to a 60 mph roll, and same thing, he slowly pulls a bit through 3rd, and started walking hard in 4th. we came back to the gas station,

2nd run - Him vs me on bottle. we both know my car is alot faster on the bottle, so we decided to just run again from a 45 mph roll. This time the outcome was a little different. Once again I gave him the jump.. I hit it and since I dont have a purge, it takes a little sec for the hit to come through.. as soon as it did though, I walked started pulling a bit, I hit 4th and he walked from my back bumper up to the tire, but after that I pulled him pretty hard, I let out on the shift light in 4th ( 130ish) and had a good 2 1/2 cars on him. Next week we are going to hook up with a few of the Local Z06 guys, and I will bring video. My car, hopefully another GT with a BIG procharger, the 03, and two blown LX's one is a built 306 w/ vortech, the other is a dart block 331 w/vortech.

:hail2: Later

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you are going to have some runs with the fuel:taco: boys. That notch with the dart 331 is running my old s-trim off my 88, it should be a pretty nasty ride. Make sure to post up the videos whenever it happens.

Sounds like you are going to have some runs with the fuel:taco: boys. That notch with the dart 331 is running my old s-trim off my 88, it should be a pretty nasty ride. Make sure to post up the videos whenever it happens.

Yea, I used to go out with them all the time, but had fallen off the seen for the last two or three years. Yea, the Notch runs STRONG, but he is down south now. I havent talked to him since FFW, a friend of a friend, pretty much. Car has a custom grind cam in it now, has had a b-cam, a steeda #18, but the current setup def wins my vote, Its jetted for 150 hp. I am low man on the totem pole, I know both LX's trap 130's, and the procharger car should do pretty well too. Like i said. will post video next weekend. :)

haha... 5.0's 4 ever.. For a minute I thought you were a guy I met today. He has a 96 green Cobra, with 12 lbs vortech, Jay at RSP built that too.. i just looked at your sig tonight, after all this time. lol

you can only hit 115 in 4th gear? with stock gears (which i assume you have, your sig doesnt say otherwise) you can do over 100 in 3rd. you will reach your top speed in 4th, which is way more than 115

this is why I'm asking...I thought my car had the stock gears but now I don't know because this makes me think other wise..:shrug:

With me shifting at about 5K my speedo says about 85 mph at the top of 3rd...

you probably have 4.10's if you are running out of gear in 4th around 115 mph. i have 3.73's in my car with a 26 inch tall tire.your car def has gear,on motor my car goes 88.60 mph in the 1/8, and I am just shifting into 4th. ;-)

Well I used a calculator to figure it out posted by another member in another thread and it said that with my 25" tall rear tire at 110 mph with a 3.55 gear I should be turning 5258 rpms in 4th....My guess what aprox. 5200 rpms at about 110....I'm sure it's a 3.55 now...I know it's deff not a 4.10 because I ran my friends car with a 4.10 and I was still pulling in 3rd when he went into 4th..