'03 Cobra -- Need break pad advice

• Sponsors (?)

I used the Hawk HPS pads on the front of my 03 Cobra. They squeal all the time unless they are really warmed up. They also produce about the same amount of dust as the stock pads. My advice would be to stay with stock pads if you don't like noisy brakes because the higher performance pads usually make noise.

I upgraded to EBC pads when I replaced my rotors and have been very impressed. They definately have more initial bite than stock with almost no fade. Problem is I upgraded to slotted/drilled rotors as well so I can't say for certain how much is pad and how much is rotor. Noisy for the first couple hundred miles but most performance pads are. Also EBC's claim that the kevlar pads produce less dust than stock is somewhat misleading. Especially with slotted rotors you'll go through pads in no time.

Sean

I just bought a set of ceramic pads. I forget the brand...bought them from Tirerack... Im putting them on tomorrow... will post my impressions..

Ceramic are supposed to be awesome. Little break in period and very little noticable dust.