Roush 03 Cobra Saleen

• Sponsors (?)

Is this car real? Can anyone check the serial number? It does not have the right rear wing for 2003. When I had mine (kicking myself for selling), it had the three peice wing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...160184815QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170160184815

THis is a dealership passing it off as a Saleen.....Hmmmm

This is a very good FAKE, first off well start in the interior, plate in front of shifter is very fake, no painted door inserts, no bottom door inserts, both were standrd in 03+ The Saleen sticker in the glove box is on the wrong side, no Saleen floor mats, fog light button is also not blacked out, and The sticker in the door jamb was not used on any newer cars ive seen.

The outside, bumper # is not correclt alligned, says s281 supercharged on back trunk lid, my says only s281, front bumper is incorectly painted, the back portion should be flat black, insides of side scoops are incorectly painted they should be flat black, plaque on firewall is fake as well as they used the wrong rivets.

All i can think of for now, some one should contact ebay

I've been watching this as well - emailed the seller too.
Listing has been ended by seller.
Car is now re-listed as a Cobra - no mention of Saleen. :nice:

FWIW, the FIVE 2003 Saleen Cobra 'verts are:
5 convertibles - 1 Satin Silver(#121), 1 Sonic Blue(#251), 1 Black(#386), 1 Zinc Yellow(#376), 1 Lizstick Red(#011)

I've been watching this as well - emailed the seller too.
Listing has been ended by seller.
Car is now re-listed as a Cobra - no mention of Saleen. :nice:

FWIW, the FIVE 2003 Saleen Cobra 'verts are:
5 convertibles - 1 Satin Silver(#121), 1 Sonic Blue(#251), 1 Black(#386), 1 Zinc Yellow(#376), 1 Lizstick Red(#011)

Pretty funny that more 2003 Cobras were produced than 2004's by Ford, but just the opposite for authentic Saleen Cobras.

People who try to pass a car off as a real car just burns my ass! Just say what it is no more no less. We get lied enough to by all the politicians everyday. Lets leave the lying to them they are pros!!!

When I first saw this listing yesterday afternoon my initial reaction was "DAYUM, too bad I purchased my own SVT Saleen two years ago as I'd be all over this." I even sent the link to some of my Mustang enthusiast friends.

Then I started to further scrutinize the detail photos & some of them just didn't seem right to me, like the door jamb decal from the late '80's Saleens & that ID plate on the firewall was stamped just a bit too crisply (discussed in previous threads about fakes) not to mention Saleen never stamped 'COBRA' on any of their plates.

I wouldn't be too quick to blame the dealership listing the car because they probably didn't know any better & the previous owner who traded it in likely misrepresented it to them, too. It certainly wouldn't be the first time... :bs:

2003 Cobra outsells 2004

Pretty funny that more 2003 Cobras were produced than 2004's by Ford, but just the opposite for authentic Saleen Cobras.

I think the reason why is due to the fact that Ford released the design of the 2005 Mustang too early. The concept car came out so soon and was so largely appreciated that Ford suffered huge sales dips in 2004, as everybody waited to purchase 2005 Mustangs, esp. since the cost was to be $800 less than the 2004 model Mustang GTs (although most dealerships took advantage of the new design to jack the costs up). I can only assume that this scenario also applied to the Cobra, although if the masses were told up front that SVT would not make a reappearance in 2007 they would have probably sold more Cobras, knowing that this would be the last year of the "Cobra", but Ford themselves did not know for sure that SVT would not return until mid 2005. This is evident in the initial naming of the 2007 Cobra, which later changed the name to the Shelby GT500 due to Carroll Shelby not wanting another Ford to come in the way of plans to build internal code project "Daisy", the 2007 V10 modular powered concept car that was styled after the 427 Cobra. Ironically, the project was axed, as was the Shelby GR-1... although I think that car would truly be a cool addition to the Ford collection- which Ford projected to price around the new Viper.

It's no B.S., it's no secret that Ford released the design of the '05 too soon and suffered the consequences in sales of the '04 models. Ford even admitted this. Did this cause the sales of the Cobra to dwindle as well? Who knows... just drawing my own theory based off of the loss in sales for the GT and V6 models.

Fake

according to the good book 03-#12 is a GT coupe platform, super charged with 13in brakes with the last 3 vin of 422. 'Oddly enough they went though all of the trouble to do a clone and put the wrong number on. CAUSE....03-#11 is a Cobra convertible with a black top/:shrug:

Dealership relisted the car as a Cobra with Saleen mods and it sold to a lucky buyer who knew a good deal when seen for the awsome price of $28,000.

Cobra price and the looks of a Saleen is a winning combo.

according to the good book 03-#12 is a GT coupe platform, super charged with 13in brakes with the last 3 vin of 422. 'Oddly enough they went though all of the trouble to do a clone and put the wrong number on. CAUSE....03-#11 is a Cobra convertible with a black top/:shrug:

wouldn't have worked since 03-11 is a Custom paint car (Lizstick Red).......:D

Heh, and I would have been all over them if they tried that............:mad:

I think some of the clues are there on the white one , but it isn't a bad job. they told me they couldn't put any old wing on the had to use an old style if you can believe it .. i had to wait two months for mine ..
glove box was a good spot too
781745_165_full.jpg

781745_15_full.jpg

781745_177_full.jpg

wouldn't have worked since 03-11 is a Custom paint car (Lizstick Red).......:D

Heh, and I would have been all over them if they tried that............:mad:

That actually pretty funny. I think the coincindence of them being close and not knowing it just two much. I am always waiting to see someone jump on someone trying to pass of fake of their own car. :rlaugh: