03 Cobra SVT eaton supercharger on a 99 SVT Cobra

Does anyone know if a 2003 SVT Eaton Supercharger will work on a 99 SVT Cobra? If so where can I find out what modifications are necessary. Also I assume this is not an easy simple bolt on if it will work. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Not without a bunch of work. You have to buy the Eaton unit, intercooler, intake manifolds, etc. You also have to relocate the alternator. It's basically a lot more $$$ than just buying a centri. blower :shrug:

There was a thread about this on another Ford board. Kennebell was offering the kit but needed 25 deposits to ensure their worthwile in doing so. The 99-01 Cobra owners had about a month or two, and from what I saw only got 15 deposits or so at that time. Most of the owners had lame excuses on why they should have a deposit down. Its sad to because the owners for a long time bitched about where was their kit. And when the opportunity came up well you can finish the rest......

the 99 4V heads are different than the 03-04 4V heads. so you'd have to find a way to match the intake ports to the blower. plus you wouldn't want to put a Eaton blower that produces tons of heat on a high compression motor like the 99 4V.

DBMSTNG said:
the 99 4V heads are different than the 03-04 4V heads. so you'd have to find a way to match the intake ports to the blower. plus you wouldn't want to put a Eaton blower that produces tons of heat on a high compression motor like the 99 4V.
So what...all blowers produce heat. And tons of heat is quite an exaggeration. No, the '99 Cobra's nearly 10:1 compression ratio isn't ideal for boost, but it's workable. Assuming he could fabricate a proper lower manifold, an M112 will work just fine with conservative boost levels and a proper tune…..just as well as any other blower. I swear sometimes I think you've got a hate on for anything not made by Kenne Bell.
Ernad said:
holy resurection
Ahhhh well, at least he used the search button. :nice: