03 Cobra Tremec Trans Swap PROBLEM

Tim Harden

May 14, 2006
I replaced the Tremec trans in my 03 Cobra with a Tremec TKO Plus built by Sean Highlands, it was originally built for a 98 Cobra. The Stock 03 Tremec had an electronic / magnetic speedo sensor while the Tremec TKO Plus I put into the car has the electronic speedo sensor with a plastic speedo gear on the end of the speed sensor. The wierd thing is the electical plug on the 03 Cobra wiring harness plugged right into the wiring harness on the speed sensor on the Tremec TKO Plus.

The problem I'm having is the speedometer will only go up to about 20 MPH. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this problem, without taking the TKO Plus trans out of the car, splitting the case and install a steel speedo gear into the trans then re-use the electronic / magnetic speedo sensor out of the stock 03 Cobra Tremec??????:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Im assuming its the older one, its actually a Tremec TKO 3550. It was made for the 96 to 98 mustangs.

I found Dallas Mustangs website and I'll be calling them tomorrow THANKS A MILLION :hail2: , I had no idea that anyone made a kit that could possibly fix the problem. Thanks Again