'03 Cobra VIN Decoder?

STEEDA85GT

Founding Member
Nov 4, 2000
Z-hills, FL
I've posted several times recently trying to narrow down the search for either a '98 or '01 Cobra and in the mean time stumbled on a hell of a deal in the form of a black on black '03 Cobra w/16K miles. I'm a buyer for a large national dealer and one of our branches in Texas bought the car from a customer in trade with paint work and bolts turned on front end panels. Long story short, my cost is well back of $20K!!! I got the thing on a truck immediately and it arrived today...just have to close the loan on monday. I'm speechless with excitement about owning this thing, especially considering what I was looking at before!

After spending a couple hours going over the car today I grabbed the VIN and some other door jam info to try and learn a little more about the car. Does anyone know of a VIN decoder or where I could get more information? Also the car, being a wholesale piece, does not have any documentation other than the owner's manual. Do Cobra's come with a certificate of any kind? If so, can I get reprints through Ford?

Any advice or info you all could offer a potential new Cobra owner would be greatly appreciated and ITS GONNA BE GOOD TO BE BACK!!!

• Sponsors (?)

you can call 1800FORDSVT and they can give you the info you need (production number, etc.). they can also mail you a certificate when you give them the VIN number. You got a great deal. BTW, that's how i got my Steeda (wholesale from CarMax). I use to buy for the Raleigh store. Good luck. Say hello to Joe Wilson for me.

Jason Howerton

helpful info. www.svt.ford.com

fax # 3136212500 (8:30am to 6pm)
vin #, your name, your address, document showing ownership (buyers order, registration, insurance, etc.)

oh yeah, Bruce Mann was my Purchasing Manager (he use to be the PM of Tampa)