03 GT converting to 5.0

Ok guys i blew my GT motor up lol. I wana do a 5.0 motor maybe a 331 or sumthing bad ass im also gona put a single turbo on her and C4 tranny. How much will just converting my car over for the 5.0 cost. Money isnt a biggy just time. thanx :SNSign:

IM sorry mod motors :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Cheap route would be to set it up using a carb, and forget about fuel injection. You can run a turbo with the correct carb setup (beleive its called blow through???) and that would be bad ass. No one would expect that, lol.

If you want fuel injection then the biggest PITA is gonna be wiring it up. Keep in mind itll fit just fine, think of the Saleen S-351's in our body style... oh my GOD!!! :hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

If money is not an issue, but time is... I would say your best bet is to stay modular, do an aluminum block 302BB or 324 BB/stroker setup and turbo that. That seems to be your best bet for a direct swap.

Swapping back to a 5.0 pushrod may or may not turn out to be a lot of work. For one, you need new motor mounts, all the stuff Torinalth said, your accessory hookups will all be different, you'll need a new midpipe, and it definitely will not be emissions legal if its carbed. Plus I think since the engine is older than the car itself, it wouldn't pass a visual inspection but I'm not sure (don't know how inspections work where you live). Then you have to factor in block strength... you'll need a Dart block (or similar) to prevent splitting once you start upping the boost. Just seems like a big PITA to me

i was thinking about converting to a 5.0 but the cost isnt worth it. just get a remanufactored motor from jasper, Titan Engines *ebay stores* PROMAR Precision engines *ebay store* or Egines Direct *ebay store* and they are for a damn good price.

Please it's 2006 do not run a carb :notnice:

Fuel injection offers the same amount if not more power potential without the driveability inefficiencies that always plagued carbed cars.

would you feel comfortable wiring a EEC IV car from scratch? I think your best bet would be to find a 94-95 5.0 car and take the entire harness out of it and take lots of pictures so you can see where all the grounds are and such..

BTW I don't blame you for wanting to go with a 5.0 based motor. the 3.55 bore on the 4.6 = crap..

mity2 said:
Can u run carb set up in our car and still pass emission?

:D I live in NM no one cares at all what you do to your car. But i was thinking about it most of the day and i think im gona stay modular but do the stroker kit to it. Much easier and if im mistaken correct me, but if i blow lots of money on a stroker then boost it.Then spend lots on the 5.0 motor it wont have that much of a power difference. :eek:

CENTENNIALSTANG said:
:D I live in NM no one cares at all what you do to your car. But i was thinking about it most of the day and i think im gona stay modular but do the stroker kit to it. Much easier and if im mistaken correct me, but if i blow lots of money on a stroker then boost it.Then spend lots on the 5.0 motor it wont have that much of a power difference. :eek:

Don't go stroker.. go big bore.. the mod motors biggest problem is lack of bore.. put it this way STOCk our bore/stroke ratio is worse than a 302 based 347.. If you don't beleive me ask around the internet.. almost all the top modular guys will tell you big bore is the way to go.. I don't mean asking engine shops.. go to the boars and find the most knowledgeable guys that are not trying to sell you somthing and see what they have to say.

One of the biggest problems with the samll bore design is that it limits us to small valves. even with stock size valves you will show better gains from a BB than a stroker. take a look at the valve size of 302 heads out there compared to the modular heads. this is because the bore size on a 302 is 4.00 compared to our 3.55

he poped up once in the Ot forum in general reciently... aside from that i dunno.... getting annoyed that i cant even get suspension theory bounced off anyone since both he and San dont like my threads :p

SHM is awesome if you dump a LOAD of cash on them at once.... if you nickle and dime then yeah, yer not going to be happy. remember, its the huge jobs that MIGHT get into a Magazine or gain renown at the track.

Torinalth

Stroking a 4.6 to a 5.0 is not a bad choice. I am doing it but i have yet to begin on it. I have been researching, its not as common but it is do-able and doesnt cost that much. The kit itself is only around 900-1100 off ebay stores which is really nice. Trust me, research into stroking the 4.6 to a 5.0 and you will be impressed. The only thing is that not many people have done it so finding out exact dyno numbers and stuff like that is going to be difficult. Once i begin mine i am going to take pics the entire way and then list all the parts and all the info so that if someone else wants to do it, they have something to go off of. let me know what you decide to do. later man and good luck.

I have heard many, many people say that the mod motor needs bore not stroke. Matter of fact SVTTech who is a highly experienced Ford tech said it in this very thread :shrug: See post #13 in this thread ^