03 Mach 1 Springs in my 93 Notch

So I need new springs BADLY. I still have the stock 93 4cyl springs in my car and it rides like mush and bottoms out on everything that comes close to a peble on the road.

I just got done installing a P1-SC on my buddies Mach 1,
197885_10150166266777079_584487078_8129671_1549827_n.jpg

And since he has a set pf H&R springs in his car he was going to throw the factory ones away. So I scooped them up and plan on installing them in the car in the Sig. I understand the ride is going to be more harsh ( don't care about that) and the car may sit a little higher (ok with that too) but I dont know if it is a good idea to go ahead and swap all 4 out or not. My car weighs 3120 without me (I am 6'5" 240lbs) and i drive it daily. Has full interior, A/C, Cruise, everything.... Is it worth it since they are free, or is there something else I should do?

Pics would be awesome!!

Charlie

• Sponsors (?)

Mach 1 springs here. F&R. I do have adjustable rear arms, so ride height out back has been tweaked a little. No isolators up front.

Ride is firm, but not harsh. I like it a lot. Plus it's nice to be back at a decent ride height where i can actually turn my front wheels without rubbing, or banging my h-pipe on speed bumps.

Feels like a normal car again...not some lowered POS i am afraid i'll break on the next pothole

DSC00099.jpg

Your buddy is nuts for wanting to just toss the springs. They are in demand and he could get $75-100 for them easily.

@M5L5: PERFECT STANCE! I can't drive my car at all without hitting the front fenders. and the ride is WAY to mushy for my taste...

@newskool: I already have them.

The kid is 18 (WITH THE MACH!!!!!!) that had them, and I installed his Procharger for him. So he gave me those, the Tr3650 W/MGW shifter (I did a Cobra spec 6-speed swap in his Mach, along with an adjustable Clutch cable, Fidenza Flywheel and a Centerforce clutch), and a set of Mach 1 Wheels (stock fronts with 10.5 rears, traded those for the American racing rims on my car now).

Going to do the swap this week, maybe this next weekend, along with my subframe connectors, and new door and trunk seals. Hopefully I can be in Paint this summer!!
180973_10150102013430432_669770431_6665803_6371500_n.jpg

Still used springs are cheaper than new.

M-5400-a kit is $500 :(

1994-04 Mustang Bullitt Ford Racing Suspension Kit M-5400-A at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

The main difference between bullitt and Mach springs are the fronts. There is another 1/8th turn on the Mach springs to give it that extra 1/4" of height over bullitt springs. Next time my springs are out, I want to try cutting off 1/4 turn just to drop the front end down a tad. I'm not running isolators up front, and so far haven't noticed any detrimental effects due to it.

Still used springs are cheaper than new.

M-5400-a kit is $500 :(

1994-04 Mustang Bullitt Ford Racing Suspension Kit M-5400-A at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

The main difference between bullitt and Mach springs are the fronts. There is another 1/8th turn on the Mach springs to give it that extra 1/4" of height over bullitt springs. Next time my springs are out, I want to try cutting off 1/4 turn just to drop the front end down a tad. I'm not running isolators up front, and so far haven't noticed any detrimental effects due to it.

I left my iso's on both front & rear when I did the bullitts. I almost wondered what I would have gotten if I left them out or atleast the lowers. The front is still slightly higher than the rear but not but much and much better than stock.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to avoid. I have mm adjustable rears, so I wanted the front to be slightly lower than the adjustment range I had. I've lifted the rear a bit since the pic, and have a full size spare in the trunk, so when I finally find a cheap 17" spare, I'll prob have to bring the rear down a tad