03 Mach 1 stalling in neutral

Hockeyjedi

Nov 24, 2007
Hello all. I am an owner of an 07 S197 V6 5 speed, but, a friend of mine just bought an 03 Mach 1 and she called me to ask if I knew why it would stall when she takes it out of 5th gear into neutral while going downhill. It didn't occur while on flat land, only on a downhill grade. My assumption is something to do with fuel either not reaching the engine or flooding it out... I am by no means an expert and am certainly not familiar with any intricacies or issues with the SN95 models so I thought I would throw it out there to you all.

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed.

• Sponsors (?)

+1 for the IAC

(BTW why is she putting it in neutral while driving? that's generally a bad idea and illegal in many, maybe all, states)

It's illegal to put it in neutral?? :shrug:

I do it all the time. If i'm coming off the highway in 4th or 5th, i'll either sometimes downshift all the way, or if i'm tired i'll just go to nuetral and coast to the end of the ramp and stop.

I also do it all the time on hills. I just roll down the hill in neutral

do a google on "coasting in neutral" or "is costing illegal in <states name>"...

it's been a bunch of years since I've had to take a drivers test but last time I looked it was illegal in California and Colorado...

How good of a friend is she??

Buy one and replace it for her and then you'll be an even better friend :)

Just a simple swap and 1 plug. Should take 10 mins. Reset the computer by unhooking the battery for 15 mins and touching the pos and neg battery cables together (unhooked from the battery of course)