04 cobra brakes on 94

Cobra rear brakes are the same as the GT.

I would revise this to say the rear brake CALIPERS and BRACKETS are the same as on the V6/GT. The bracket on the axle is larger, pushing the caliper out farther to accommodate the larger brake rotor. I've heard that the V6/GT bracket may need a bit of grinding to clear the rotor, but I didn't have to on my Cobra conversion. I'm using GT brake calipers on the Cobra rear axle (the calipers were already painted) and the Cobra calipers on the front.

• Sponsors (?)

The rear Cobra brakes are about as large as the stock GT front brakes.

I actually had problems with the rear stock GT brakes, so I decided to swap everything out for the 04 Cobra setup front and rear. This setup should give me another 10+ years of reliability with little more than pad replacement.

Anyone replace their rear brake lines? I haven't yet, but noticed that MM has a SS brake line kit for our cars (5 lines total: 2 front, 3 rear).

I replaced my rear lines on my Cobra conversion. Can't say how the braking power has changed, haven't finished the project yet. :D The MM kit has brackets for the rear hoses, these replace the brackets spot-welded on to the factory hoses, which is a good thing. The kit is missing the factory bracket for the center line, but their instructions explain how to re-use the factory bracket. The brackets help keep the hard lines from flexing as the car moves around.

I didn't know about these kits and ended up doing a bit of fabrication and was able to re-use the factory brackets. I'll save some time on my GT and buy the MM kit next time.

I had to fabricate the factory bracket for the center line quite a bit. I have a spare set of SS hoses for the front of a fox, I think I'll just use those on the back.

Kurt

:nice: Exactly what my meaning was.:flag:

I would revise this to say the rear brake CALIPERS and BRACKETS are the same as on the V6/GT. The bracket on the axle is larger, pushing the caliper out farther to accommodate the larger brake rotor. I've heard that the V6/GT bracket may need a bit of grinding to clear the rotor, but I didn't have to on my Cobra conversion. I'm using GT brake calipers on the Cobra rear axle (the calipers were already painted) and the Cobra calipers on the front.