04 Cobra or Repair 00GT

• Sponsors (?)

COBRA all the way. My next car will be an '04 Cobra in 2yrs when I finish paying for my GT. I went on a Mustang cruise back in Feb and my GT was just another GT but when an '03/'04 Cobra came up well.....different story :nice:

am I stupid here or have you found a way to get a cobra cheaper than 25-30k?

25k vs 6k does not seem like a good argument.

buy a forged motor and crank up the boost on the gt.

save you dollars for the new cobra as it sounds quite a bit nicer than the 04. looks quite a bit better too IMO.

Well 6200 is alot to me seeming as though I only owe 7000 to pay it off. I just want to make sure if Im going to spend alot of money whether for a 04 cobra or to fix mine that its a sound business decision. Thanks for all the feed back guys :nice: . They are looking for me a silver or red 03/04 cobra as we speak and it will cost about 28,000 :D .

Get the forged engine and up the boost and you will mop up the 03 04 cobra at the tune of about 500 to 600 horses at your wheels depending on mods. Thats a little bit more than a cobra has. 14K your car will be paid off with new engine and 550 HP at wheels or you could pay someone the diffrence owed to take your car with no engine and spend another 22k to 30k for cobra stock with maybe 360 at wheels. :shrug: Your choice though Cobras are nice :D

White Stang said:
Get the forged engine and up the boost and you will mop up the 03 04 cobra at the tune of about 500 to 600 horses at your wheels depending on mods. Thats a little bit more than a cobra has. 14K your car will be paid off with new engine and 550 HP at wheels or you could pay someone the diffrence owed to take your car with no engine and spend another 22k to 30k for cobra stock with maybe 360 at wheels. :shrug: Your choice though Cobras are nice :D
Or.....for what it cost you for a forged short block, you could spend about 1/3 of that on bolt-ons for the Cobra and make 550rwhp without even removing the stock Eaton. And lets not forget.....when you buy an '03-'04 Cobra, you're still getting considerably more than just a 4V blown engine. Don't neglect the fact that it already comes with forged internals, a 6-speed transmission, better brakes, wider wheels and tires, IRS, and nicer interior and exterior enhancements. Any way you slice it, the Cobra's a bargain. :nice:

I think he'd still likely be better off to just sell off his performance parts, sell of his original PI heads and intake, then buy another complete 2V engine on Ebay for less than $1,000.00 to replace the one he popped, put the car up for sale and salvage what money he can from it. :shrug: