04 GT Brake Upgrade :)

i decided that the stock GT brakes suck major monkey testicles so i started shelling out dough for cobra parts... well so far ive got...

03-04 Black Cobra Calipers
03-04 Brembo Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
03-04 Cobra Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines from Goodridge
03-04 Cobra Hawk HPS Brake pads

i have yet to recieve the hawk pads in the mail but i have the rest of the parts and the stock PBR pads...
RoadconeTuning said:
almost all my brake parts are in...

brakes1.JPG

brakes2.JPG

brakes3.JPG

brakes4.JPG

brakes5.JPG

brakes6.JPG

brakes7.JPG

brakes8.JPG

brakes9.JPG

brakes10.JPG

brakes11.JPG

brakes12.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

they are brembo rotors that were drilled and slotted by Sportbrakes. the oem rotors have a painted protective coating and these are zinc washed... i believe that brembo tells them what pattern to use for the drill/slotting because every set i could fidn that was drilled and slotted looked EXACTLY the same... plus i dont plan on getting them so ho t that they crack.

You are gonna love em. I've had my Mach 1 brakes on for 3 days and i still have a smile on my face from just driving around slamming on the brakes! :)

Your Goodridge lines look different than mine. Mine have a red sleeve over the stainless part. Other than that looks the same.

I do like your rotors more. I just have the plain Brembos

the cross drilled/slotted rotors look really awesome, but u pretty much just bought urself the equavilent of a stock front gt rotor..that can break...wouldnt prevent me from gettin them tho :nice:

oh well i love the look, im gunna ebay it up when it comes to doin my brakes, hopefulyl this winter :banana:

-=NightHawk=- said:
oh well i love the look, im gunna ebay it up when it comes to doin my brakes, hopefulyl this winter :banana:

Ebay has good deals on some used parts, but BuyFordRacing has gotten pretty cheap with their new kits. I just bought my Mach 1 front kit with new calipers and pads, plain Brembo rotors and those Goodridge SS lines for $310 for all brand new stuff. Their pricing on Bullitt and Cobra calipers are not that much higher either

Mustang5L5 said:
Ebay has good deals on some used parts, but BuyFordRacing has gotten pretty cheap with their new kits. I just bought my Mach 1 front kit with new calipers and pads, plain Brembo rotors and those Goodridge SS lines for $310 for all brand new stuff. Their pricing on Bullitt and Cobra calipers are not that much higher either

nothing was used... all new parts in box :)

as for the drilled/slotted thing... im sure that even w/ the few drilled holes that it still had more brake surface than a stock GT rotor plus oen of the reasons i got them was the BLING factor lol

and i think the Goodrich lines come w/ the red covering not goodridge... i tried to order goodrich th first time but apparently they arent making nay mroe for a while and no where has tehm in stock.

RoadconeTuning said:
and i think the Goodrich lines come w/ the red covering not goodridge... i tried to order goodrich th first time but apparently they arent making nay mroe for a while and no where has tehm in stock.

That's what I have. Goodridge. They came in the same exact box as yours and everything. Only difference is mine have a red sleeve over the stainless. Not that it matters or anything, i just find it odd. :shrug: