'04 pulley install q?

lptheory96

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
[THIS IS ALL FOR MY NEW 2004 GT btw] I got a set up MAc underdrive pulleys from v8power.com (looks as pictured) on site. Anwyay, The waterpump pulley almost touched the dampener pulley at the bottom, not teh part of the dampener i will replace, the otehr part that is smooth without a place for a belt, also the w/p pulley has no lip to hold the belt on. I would have to take the w/p pulley off to replace the belt if it broke, i put stock's back on, didnt look right? anyoen have any experience with this? is this normal?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not exactly sure what your issue is, but it seems like you should have a shop do it. I am guessing that the water pump pulley was close because you have to replace the stock crank pulley first. The new one is smaller so it won't be right up against the new and bigger water pump pulley. No groove on the water pump pulley is fine...the steeda's are the same way.

Bottom line...it looks like the crank pulley is a complete replacement and not a piggyback and you need to do that one first. Removing the crank pulley is the most difficult and in your case I'd probably have someone else do it. I don't think anything is wrong with your pulleys, though, other than they are not the steeda's.