'04 SRT-4 vs. '05 GT

i've raced an srt 4 a few times in my 04 Stang 5 spd w/ flow's and a k & n... we were cruising about 50 and he pulled up beside me, it was pretty bad, he crushed my world...lol, then we pulled up to a red light and the mustang got a lil bit of revenge... the mustang is a lil faster out of the hole, but from a rolling start, the srt 4 is faster than an 04, id say with the mods it would be darn close to a 05....but i wouldnt try it from a rolling start, :flag:

04 Mustang Gt 5 spd Competition orange
17 x 9 Cobra R's
Flowmaster Exhaust
K & N airfilter
Stalker body kit on order...

Coming soon:
3.73's, comptuer tuner, and cold air intake

• Sponsors (?)

Take him to the track. All the SRT-4 owners around here bitch and complain about the traction they can't get from their FWD at the track.

On the street he'll probably have a better chance. Good driving from you though and you could take him.

I think it's a good race stock; definitely not the type where the GT driver can sit there smug with the knowledge that his car can make up for his poor driving. The GT driver will have to be on the ball.

The latest issue (January) of Motor Trend did test the 5-speed '05 GT at 13.5 and 103.6 in the quarter.

The best thing about the new GT is that there are already a bunch of parts available to make it better with many more parts yet to come. If I had the bucks for another vehicle, there would be a new '05 GT M5-speed in the garage.

04 Srt-4 vs 98mustang gt

My friend has a 04 srt-4 with full stage 2 kit from mopar, it included turbo,injectors,wastegate,and blow off valve, ha also has exhaust and a power pak engine management system. My mustang is stock except for cool air intake and exhaust. I normally race him every weekend and I think I could take him if I had some good tires. From a dead stop I can get him off the line but by third gear he is gone. From a kickdown it is no comparison. That turbo is in boost and he is gone. I personally think an 05 mustang gt could take on srt-4. I am not a pro at driving but it should be possible. Also who wants that ricer sound when u can have sound from real muscle

svtash said:
i think you should be able to take him. I raced one in my 02 SVT focus and it was close. He took me off the line but by third gear i was gaining on him quick. His was all stock but so was my focus. He may have also have just been a bad driver but its hard to tell cause its the only one ive raced. But when the time come for the proof, smoke him.

Come on now :rolleyes:

You were gaining on an SRT-4 from a loss off the line and you think he was trying? You were in a FOCUS?

Otherwise a good thread and I would say that you better race him from a dig, cause on the highway he will murder you...

svtash said:
i think you should be able to take him. I raced one in my 02 SVT focus and it was close. He took me off the line but by third gear i was gaining on him quick. His was all stock but so was my focus. He may have also have just been a bad driver but its hard to tell cause its the only one ive raced. But when the time come for the proof, smoke him.

Only one of you were racing.........

Yeah the light weight of these SRT's is such an advantage. I have a 98 Cobra in stock form that raced a 03 SRT on the HIGHWAY at around 60MPH. I barely beat him. I just crawled away slowly in 3rd gear. Now that was an 03 which had {215HP i think }whereas the new 04's have 230HP so that race probably would have been even if it was an 04. So one with 250HP i would imagine could take my car in that same scenario. Crazy stuff man! Guess i better start Modding my 32valver. :flag: