04 Stang GT Clutch?

• Sponsors (?)

It all depends on how you drive it and how its been driven by the previous owner,Im not hard on mine and my tb went at 70k,I think that under normal conditions 70k-80k is normal for the stock.But like I said it all depends on how its been driven.But when it does go you throw in a good performance clutch.

I have 78k on my '02 and I drive the **** outta this car fairly regularly. My throwout bearing was taking a dump so when I replaced it I went ahead and put a new clutch & flywheel in it. The stock clutch was still in great shape. I kept it in case something ever happens and I'm in a pinch.

i have a lil over 100k with my stock clutch and its been dumped, lauched on drag radials and beat to hell...jus now replacing it...still doesnt slip just want to change it to b safe so i think it should b ok with 40k on it

I think you have to beating on the car or have a LOT more power than stock or just not knowing how to properly use a clutch if it doesn't last 100k. I am always confused when SN members complain when they need a new clutch at 40k.

I know people that have 200K+ on the stock clutch. When mine goes, I'm probably going to replace it with OEM b/c it has lasted a long time.