05/06 bullitt wheel backspacing???

• Sponsors (?)

The SVO's stance is wider than the standard Fox. Unsure if the Saleen has the same width up front but trhe rear is 1.25" wider each side.

MM&FF put bullitt wheels on an SVO and said it fit perfectly. I know the Saleen uses SVO brakes but unsure if the offset is the same up front as the SVO. If it is, you will be fine.

I saw them mount a pair of bullitts and 17" premium wheels on while keeping the center caps. Maybe the new wheels have a wider hub area???

If you do it, id like to see pics.

They did fit the wheels on an SVO, but in the pics it looks like they left the front center caps off. I posted a scan of the pics on my website, but on this PC I don't have access to get the picture links. But the wheels themselves fit pretty good. I would just run the wheels and use it as an opportunity to later change to the SN95 front spindles and brakes. :D

I just wanna get this straight. The Pre-05 Bullitt's are NOT the same as the 05+. Backspacing is way different. Pre-05 bullitts will fit PERFECT with the SVO 5 lug kit... but not the 05+ Bullitts.

PoopDawg said:
I just wanna get this straight. The Pre-05 Bullitt's are NOT the same as the 05+. Backspacing is way different. Pre-05 bullitts will fit PERFECT with the SVO 5 lug kit... but not the 05+ Bullitts.

The 05-06 wheels are much closer to the real SVO and Fox Saleen wheel backspacing than the pre 05 wheels.

If you try to put the pre 05 wheels on a Fox car with the real SVO 4 wheel disc setup you will find the rear wheels stick out a bit beyond the fenders. Looks kind of goofy to me. A friend had 98 Cobras on his SVO equipped GT and I was after him all the time to change the rear setup.

As you can see on the pictures above, the 05-06 GT wheels fit just about perfectly on the SVO 4 wheel disc cars, such as the saleen/svo we are discussing. But they still suffer from the center cap problem using the SVO rotors in the front as seen in picture 3.

But be aware you will not be able to run the 05-06 tires as they are taller than the ones that will fit the Fox cars. They need more of a 45 or 40 aspect ration tire to fit properly.

A picture is worth 1,000 words. 05-06 wheels physically will fit pretty well as shown in the pics, but as you see, the center cap will not fit in the front. This is due to the same spindle problem with using most 96-04 Mustang wheels on the SVO/Saleen/Lincoln Mark VII front setup.