05 at daytona 500

94Gtstock-newclutch

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2000
did anyone see the red 05 at the race on sunday? the ropes were right up agauinst the car so you could touch it etc. i dont think i like it. too plain. but i do think the exhaust looks alot better in person. hard to see the mufflers.

• Sponsors (?)

If plain means no fake hood or brake scoops, then I guess I really like plain.

I posted this in another threadbut maybe this is a better place for it: Anyone care to guess why they had a C5 corvette pacing the Daytona 500 when the C6 was introduced over a month ago?

yeah, i cound not believe that the 2005 mustang was there. I thought they would all be doing the auto show circuit. I thought for sure that chevy would have the c6. image how much advertising that would be worth. it was also funny they had the CTS-V motor there but no CTS-V.

shatner saves said:
If plain means no fake hood or brake scoops, then I guess I really like plain.

I posted this in another threadbut maybe this is a better place for it: Anyone care to guess why they had a C5 corvette pacing the Daytona 500 when the C6 was introduced over a month ago?

The C5 is still being built and sold. C6 production hasn't started yet.

Z28x said:
The C5 is still being built and sold. C6 production hasn't started yet.

Yes but the ones they have now are runners. The Daytona 500 is now being touted as one of the biggest single day sporting events in the world. I would think they would try to get a pre production version to pace the field instead of the outgoing c5.

Then again, the styling has recieved mixed reviews...

shatner saves said:
Yes but the ones they have now are runners. The Daytona 500 is now being touted as one of the biggest single day sporting events in the world. I would think they would try to get a pre production version to pace the field instead of the outgoing c5.

Then again, the styling has recieved mixed reviews...

Maybe they didn't want Affleck getting too close to a C6 :D

I think its too plain as well. They should put functional scoops or something. The back end IMO looks kind bulky and ugly. The front looks awesome and I've seen a few photoshopped version that look good. We'll see when they come out.