05 Body Kit...

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard cervini's is working on one. The thread below this shows team shinoda is working on something. And I am sure there will be others. Depending on what you mean by bodykit. As for when they will come out. I'm only guessing. But I'm going to say after the car has come out for sale.

I think some of the big aftermarket suppliers already have their hands on enough specs or actual 2005 hardware, and they may come out relatively quickly with toys. The smaller ones will have to wait until they can get their own '05 Mustang before they can start development. I did send an e-mail to Bob White, and found that he'll be putting together a stripe kit for the '05 in September. :banana:

Dave

HairyCanary said:
I think some of the big aftermarket suppliers already have their hands on enough specs or actual 2005 hardware, and they may come out relatively quickly with toys. The smaller ones will have to wait until they can get their own '05 Mustang before they can start development. I did send an e-mail to Bob White, and found that he'll be putting together a stripe kit for the '05 in September. :banana:

Dave
Stripe kit as in the racing stripes seen on some of the pics around here?

itsgreat2bme said:
Stripe kit as in the racing stripes seen on some of the pics around here?
Yes indeed. He sells vinyl racing stripe kits for Mustangs (and claims to be licensed by Ford & Steeda :shrug: ). I'm going to start with vinyl stripes, and if I really like them, then perhaps down the road a year or so I'll convert to painted ones. The upside to the vinyl ones is that they can be peeled off without damaging the paint.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
Yes indeed. He sells vinyl racing stripe kits for Mustangs (and claims to be licensed by Ford & Steeda :shrug: ). I'm going to start with vinyl stripes, and if I really like them, then perhaps down the road a year or so I'll convert to painted ones. The upside to the vinyl ones is that they can be peeled off without damaging the paint.

Dave
How easily do they peel off though? Will they be peeling off after time and then one day I'll get in an accident driving down the highway when all of a sudden a big strip of vinyl flips onto my windshield. Ok I'm being over-dramatic, I'm just wondering if there is going to be peeling at the corners and edges after a little while, since I'd imagine that would look pretty tacky

itsgreat2bme said:
How easily do they peel off though? Will they be peeling off after time and then one day I'll get in an accident driving down the highway when all of a sudden a big strip of vinyl flips onto my windshield. Ok I'm being over-dramatic, I'm just wondering if there is going to be peeling at the corners and edges after a little while, since I'd imagine that would look pretty tacky
I think it has to do with the quality. This guy seems to have a good reputation, and on his web site he says he uses only 3M brand because they make the best vinyl, and that it won't crack, chip, peel, etc. He says he makes the stripes for Steeda, and that he's licensed by Ford, whatever that means.

Dave

Anyone with contacts at aftermarket suppliers may want to check to see what's going on. Rumor heard that Ford will have lots of mustangs at SEMA this year, and that they will be shipping early cars to some key vendors to have them trick the cars out for vendor displays. If true, should start showing up in the next few months.

GelatiCruiser said:
There will DEFINITELY be an "eleanor" kit for the '05...
Sorry if this is a totally dumb question, but what is an "eleanor" kit

I think it has to do with the quality. This guy seems to have a good reputation, and on his web site he says he uses only 3M brand because they make the best vinyl, and that it won't crack, chip, peel, etc. He says he makes the stripes for Steeda, and that he's licensed by Ford, whatever that means.

Well that's a good thing, I was just confused by the comment that they could be peeled off easily, lol, made a mental image of being able to change the look of the car on a day to day basis, like changing a shirt, just peel off the stripes, put them back on, etc etc. Silly me and my imagination :nonono:

Most places use a 7 year vinyl. Which means that it should not fade for 7 years. It will also be very hard to get off. Most graphics you need to use some assistance to get them off (Hair dryer). I have done a lot of vinyl graphics in my younger days. And done with good quality vinyl. They don't usually comes off.

Thanks for the info :nice:
I've never done anything like that to my car, but if I don't like the Windveil blue in person, I'll be going with the silver and I'll jazz it up with the stripes since the hood is a little plain.

SVTdriver said:
Most places use a 7 year vinyl. Which means that it should not fade for 7 years. It will also be very hard to get off. Most graphics you need to use some assistance to get them off (Hair dryer). I have done a lot of vinyl graphics in my younger days. And done with good quality vinyl. They don't usually comes off.
Good information. So is installing vinyl stripes something an amateur can do, or is it strictly a professional thing (kinda like convertible tops)...? The vinyl stripes are cheap ($200 to $250), I wonder what installation is like.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
Good information. So is installing vinyl stripes something an amateur can do, or is it strictly a professional thing (kinda like convertible tops)...? The vinyl stripes are cheap ($200 to $250), I wonder what installation is like.

Dave

I used to redo the graphics on my 1991 geo tracker (Yes it was that long ago.). About every 6 months. Me and my friend could do the whole car. Stripping them off and reapplying them. In under 8 hours, many times under 4 hours. The longest part was getting the airbubbles out. And it was only that long because I refused to have any bubbles at all. It's really very easy once you know what you're doing. If you want help just let me know. I can schedule a trip down there for the weekend. If Corey and I get our plotter going right. We will be doing vinyl work for our cars.