'05+ brakes on '96+ spindle? Considering 14" brakes...

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Back2Mustangs, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Back2Mustangs

Back2Mustangs New Member

Does anyone know if the 2005-2007 14" brake kits are compatible with our '96+ spindles? I've seen Brembo calipers that are supposedly the FRPP 2007 Shelby GT500 calipers for 14" rotors, but I don't know how different the brakes are on the front of the '05+ GT's... It'd be great if the 14" '05+ calipers could bolt directly onto a '96+ spindle in proper alignment with the rotor. Then I could just pick up a set of the Brembo calipers, 14" rotors and some brake lines and spend waaaaay less than $2,500.00.

I'm trying to put the front end on a diet with a Teksid block & tubular k-member. Thanks to the hydraboost a manual rack&pinion is a vain effort, so I'm considering going manual brakes to lose the hydraboost... but I don't think I'd feel safe enough with only the 13" Cobra brakes - especially not after the blower is installed. I thought if I could step up to 14" rotors and even better calipers then I might feel a little more comfortable. The only kit for the SN95 seems to be the Alcon/Roush kit which is not at all a practical value. Opinions?
  2. four six

four six Member

You could always get the 2000 Cobra R kit sells for around $900

Sponsored Ad