05 Doorhandle issues

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by french2812, Jan 13, 2011.

1. french2812

french2812 New Member

I am in the process of replacing my outside driver door handle for the third time. First two under warranty. Also had passenger side replaced under warranty. They don't return fully when you release them. This time it started sticking all the way out and had to be pushed in to get the door to latch.
    The R&R is not as simple as the Chilton manual implies. A few important steps left out. Today as I opened the passenger side door, it decided not to return all the way to flush position. WTF. Anyone have these issues? Is there a better and cheaper fix than new handles? Any input appreciated.
  2. stanmckinney

stanmckinney Active Member

I had same problem. Dealer said fix was time consuming. I never had it fixed before trading for a 2010.
  3. TPony

TPony Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Hmmm, never heard of this one.
  4. Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson New Member

I have the same issue with the driver's handle not closing fully unless you manually push it closed. I bought a replacement handle but don't know how much of a job it is to replace it. Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on how to do this?
    Thanks!