05 GT Idling ROUGH and misfiring all of a sudden

y22kc

May 9, 2005
hop in the stang yesterday morning to head to work when it starts idling rough right when I crank it. I always let it warm up about 45 secs or so, so I sit there listening. The idle stays rough, starts shaking the car. The CEL comes on, and I pull out my SCT2 to read em. It gives me P0301, P0303, and P0300 which are all misfire codes. I call the Ford dealership for an appt, but it's not gonna be til Tuesday that they can get to it.

The car is slightly modded with a JLT cai, sct2 tune from Brenspeed, UD pullies, and bassani cat'd xpipe with some bassani axlebacks. I plan to put the stock airbox back on and reflash to stock before bringing it in. It seems like some fouled spark plugs, but I don't use octane booster and always use name brand gas. I know there's a TSB about coil packs rough idle and hesistation which is what I think it may be. I'm scared they gonna try to give me the runaround because of the couple performance mods, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Has anyone experienced this?

• Sponsors (?)

I had to take in my '07 GT that had about 2,000 miles on it because it misfired. The #3 coil went out. They replaced it w/o fuss. Sounds like you've got a similar situation. I asked if there was anything that I can do to prevent this. They told me that they've seen coils that never go out and sometimes 6 will go out at the same time and that it's all just chance. You've probably just got a bad coil. At least that's my guess.

i had the same problem, i opened the hood to find a coil wire had come off. i never touched the coil packs so it had to come off by themselves, check them.