05 gt or 02 ws6

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 02vortechGT, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Gloveperson

Gloveperson New Member

We had a pre-production dyno of an 05 GTO in July at ls1tech. It put down 355 RWHP (it was from the most relibable source there; nine ball posted it if I recall)

Vettes are putting down less numbers, so I expect that pre-production to be a little high, but maybe the Vette (like normal) puts down poor RWHP numbers due to its drivetrain loss.

2. Bob Cosby

Founding Member

I saw that - it made 351 RWHP, which is certainly believeable to me.

As for Vettes and GTO drivetrain losses....I don't see where they would be much different, as both have the same tranny and an IRS.

3. Gloveperson

Gloveperson New Member

IDK, different driveshaft? Torque Manangment taking dyno numbers away, somehow :shrug:

Its just that I have been seeing C6's dynoing as low as 340, haven't seen a 05 GTO go yet, but you get the picture.

4. Bob Cosby

Founding Member

Can't imagine a DS making a significant difference. Torque Management certainly can, but I have no idea if it is/will/would.

I would think that the average GTO will dyno about the same as the average C6. No reason not to.

5. Gloveperson

Gloveperson New Member

Probably correct. :nice:

6. andrewr

andrewr New Member

They under-rated the the hp in the WS6 so that it would not sit equal to the corvette, not just for insurance purposes. It is pretty well known that ls1's in the Camaro and Firebird are under-rated.