05 GT owner testdrove a V6 today!

RisingForce

Nov 4, 2004
As some of you know by now I have a 2005 GT Manual.
I seen a 2005 V6 at my local dealership today, so I stopped by and the guys offered me to testdrive it,
and I was surprised!!!
The V6 has a nice sound to it (not as nice as the GT but better than last years GT),, plus it's got some balls too!!!
It was hard to belive that this was actually a V6 !!
Overall I think its a great car for those who dont want to spend the high 20's....

(Also for those of you still Lookin for a GT,,, My dealer has one left
Theyre asking the sticker price for it,, no more no less ( well maybe a tad less if you've got negotiating skills) Its the red color, Auto,, loaded,,, I think the sticker price is UNDER 28000....) This is by the way in Ohio!,,,

• Sponsors (?)

DraftHorsePower said:
wow, are people actually paying sticker price for them??? My dealer just quoted me $27,990 for a GT auto, loaded, ordered from the factory... i think it's like $400 over invoice.... sticker is 29 something :nice: now someone just needs to buy my 99 :rolleyes:
My GT LOADED with all options, was $27.025 (MSRP) so the dealership that tells you theyre charging you "invoice" must be messing with you,,How can your invoice be higher than my MSRP!? ,
there is no way the invoice on a GT loaded would be 27500 like youre sayin,,,
and also I havent seen any MSRPs being $29k and up,,, :nice:

unless you're talking dealer added options, no way... 'cuz I priced mine at my dealer with every option (shaker 1000, alarm, etc...) and it was $28,800 or something like that... with xplan it was somewhere around $26k.

Mustang5L5 said:
Your kidding right? An '05 V6 sounds better than an '04 GT??
Go test drive one and you will see
Ive had the 2002 GT's twice and the 2003,,, and testdrove 2 2004's as well,, and to me the 05 V6 has a better sound compared to all the one's I mentioned above,,,
Keep in mind that this years V6 is more powerful than last years...

RisingForce said:
The V6 has a nice sound to it (not as nice as the GT but better than last years GT),, plus it's got some balls too!!!

Now the sixer is going be superior to the previous GT is it?

The new car is a nice piece...but to suggest that the rumble of a V6 with a single cat-back would come even close to a true dual exhaust on ANY V8...ANY year is just enthusiasm over-riding common sense.

I guess I'll have to hear it for myself...but I won't be holding my breath. :bang:

2000BLKGT said:
Now the sixer is going be superior to the previous GT is it?

The new car is a nice piece...but to suggest that the rumble of a V6 with a single cat-back would come even close to a true dual exhaust on ANY V8...ANY year is just enthusiasm over-riding common sense.

I guess I'll have to hear it for myself...but I won't be holding my breath. :bang:
No one said the V6 is SUPERIOR to any GT
All I said is that V6 that I testdrove had a better sound to it than last years GT
(not the Mach1 of course)
Any GT will blow the V6 away when it comes to performance duh!

DarkFireGT said:
unless you're talking dealer added options, no way... 'cuz I priced mine at my dealer with every option (shaker 1000, alarm, etc...) and it was $28,800 or something like that... with xplan it was somewhere around $26k.

What is xplan?

This is on the ford "build" site for the one i'm ordering:
Ford Mustang GT Premium:
Base Price: $25,705.00 msrp $23,729.00 inv
Interior Upgrade Package $450.00 $401.00
Wheel Locking Kits $50.00 $45.00
Active Anti-Theft System $255.00 $227.00
Front Seat Side-Mounted Air Bags $370.00 $329.00
5R55S 5-Speed Automatic Transmission $995.00 $886.00
17" Bright Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels $195.00 $174.00
Shaker 1000 Audio System - AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash CDx6, MP3 & 9 Audiophile Speakers $1,295.00 $1,153.00
Destination and Delivery $625.00 $625.00
Pricing Totals: $29,940.00 MSRP $27,569.00 INVOICE

RisingForce said:
Go test drive one and you will see

Keep in mind that this years V6 is more powerful than last years...

I have test driven both a V6 and a GT.

The V6 sounded decent, but no V8 sound there. I didn't even pay attention to the exhaust note of the V6 because it wasn't anything special.

Now the Gt on the otherhand just got me going as soon as i started it up. It sounds very similar to what my '03 sounded like stock, but slightly more "exotic" with the 3V drivetrain.

The V6 was pretty peppy, but i couldn't drive one. The main reason is because there is no throaty V8 tone. I don't mean to offend any V6 owners, but to me Mustang = V8.

I'm still on the fence as to if i want to trade my '03 in for a new GT. I like the new GT, but i also like my '03. It's still new and attractive looking. Plus it's PAID off. I'm still waiting to see a dealer have a plain GT Deluxe for $24,995. Every dealer near me wants to order every single option on their GT's bringing sticker to near 30K. The red seats and IUP are nice, but i just want a nice red/charcoal 5-spd GT with the shaker 500...nothing else.

I actually think the exhaust on the 05's is way too quiet. My dad's bone stock (minus kn & silencer) is noticeably louder from the exhaust than the 05 GT I started up in the dealership. I cant say I know what the engine note is like, because I didnt get to drive it (it was inside the dealership showroom.)

DarkFireGT said:

You people have some weird defintions of "Every Option"

I nearly got every option only major options I didn't get was the Color Accent Package and the upgraded wheels and my MSRP was $29,325.00, I payed D-Plan $25,950

RisingForce said:
As some of you know by now I have a 2005 GT Manual.
I seen a 2005 V6 at my local dealership today, so I stopped by and the guys offered me to testdrive it,
and I was surprised!!!
Overall I think its a great car for those who dont want to spend the high 20's....

Well I got to listen to the sixer today. First off...nice car...it was a light blue auto with the standard interior. They had a loaded red GT 5-speed there too...it was sweet.

We were just going to leave when a guy came out with the salesman to test drive the sixer...so we stuck around to listen...and I was standing right behind the car when it started.

Buddy...if you think that sixer sounds better than ANY V8 Mustang...you better get your ears checked!

It was so quiet under idle that you could barely hear it...and when the guy took off it had a tiny "tuned" sounding whine...not bad...but in no way was it the sound of a throaty V8 with a dual exhaust. The sound of that sixer will not be getting any complaints from the neighbours...unlike any V8 Mustang ever produced that I can remember.

Like I said...nice car...but I think you were a little over-enthusiastic.

2000BLKGT said:
Well I got to listen to the sixer today. First off...nice car...it was a light blue auto with the standard interior. They had a loaded red GT 5-speed there too...it was sweet.

We were just going to leave when a guy came out with the salesman to test drive the sixer...so we stuck around to listen...and I was standing right behind the car when it started.

Buddy...if you think that sixer sounds better than ANY V8 Mustang...you better get your ears checked!

It was so quiet under idle that you could barely hear it...and when the guy took off it had a tiny "tuned" sounding whine...not bad...but in no way was it the sound of a throaty V8 with a dual exhaust. The sound of that sixer will not be getting any complaints from the neighbours...unlike any V8 Mustang ever produced that I can remember.

Like I said...nice car...but I think you were a little over-enthusiastic.
Like I said, You will hear a nice growl when you test drive it,,, I never said anything about IDLE,,,, the V6 has a smaller engine than any GT DUH,,, I never said that it was better in any way,,, I said that when I testdrove it, it had more of a growl than my 3 previous GT's I had (2 of them 02's and one 03)
Next time you get a chance to, just testdrive it,,,