05 GT problems

miloman

Apr 14, 2007
Hey people!

I’m a newbie so don’t get mad when this gets posted in the wrong place.

I have a 05 GT 5-speed. I added a B&M shifter and a Bassani exhaust (manifolds are stock but cats, crossover, and mufflers aren’t). I bought the car in Feb 05 and put the exhaust on in April 05. Every once in a while the “wrench light” and the “check engine light” would come on, and I would clear it by disconnecting the battery cable. The last two or three weeks the lights have been coming on EVERY time I drive the car.

Are the high-flow cats messing with the computer?
If so, should I replace the cats with the stockers?
Or should I buy a computer tuner/flash/chip?
What brand would you recommend?

I really feel unsafe driving this car when the “fail safe” or “limp home” mode kicks in, because it seems to do it in the middle of traffic, whether it’s the freeway or at a stop light.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

CEL is Check Engine Light. And, yes, get yourself an SCT or Diablosport tuner and have it set up by a reputable expert. That should take care of your problems and give you more power. I think a lot of folks have had good luck with Doug of Bamachips. I'm sure you can find his website with a Google search or search the forums for Bamachips.

I've already tried the Autozone thing. The guy didn't get a code because I reset the computer with the battery cable. The "wrench light" wasn't giving him a code, but he said when the "engine light" comes back on to try again.