05 GT to start at $25K?

• Sponsors (?)

wandler20 said:
According to this article the GT will start at $25K. But who knows...

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/photoessay/0,18467,581161-8,00.html

Would not surprise me. But it may be as is was in 90 when I bought my GT. They all were optioned with power everything and same stereo, only options were really the leather seats. So it may start at 25k heavily equipped already, and add leather and maybe bigger wheels to take it to around 26.5k to 27k. Just speculating though.

Note that Fortune says that they think the '05 Mustang will sell w/o incentives.

At $25K the '05 GT is a bargain.

I just don't understand why Fortune didn't say anything about the under $20K V8. :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

66Satellite said:
Huh? The Ford 500 (4 stars) looks like a complete turd compared to the Dodge Magnum (2 stars). Same price. :shrug:
[/url]

200HP FWD with ultra boring styling vs. 340HP Hemi powered RWD drag'n wagon. :shrug: :rolleyes:

spanky442 said:
I think its sad that the F-body is gone. It was nice to have real competition. What left? Hondas?

The '05 Monte Carlo is said to be getting a 5.3L V8, to bad it is FWD :nonono:
Too bad every other coupe on the market is FWD :(

You bet that it WILL happen. It's just a matter of time before there will be many Mustangs sitting on the dealer lots unsold. Then they will want to give good deals to get rid of them. Give it some time (1+ year or so). It will happen. That's why I'm waiting. I don't want to pay $26,000 for a piece of sheetmetal. I will go ahead and buy a 2006/2007 Mustang GT when the prices are between $22K-$23K.

The economy could be much better in 7 months. There is also the initial WOW factor to deal with. The more people cram themselves into dealersips to buy these cars, the less the dealer will be inclined to offer any incentives. We'll just have to wait and see.

shatner saves said:
The economy could be much better in 7 months. There is also the initial WOW factor to deal with. The more people cram themselves into dealersips to buy these cars, the less the dealer will be inclined to offer any incentives. We'll just have to wait and see.

I agree with initial wow factor. Not so much economy. I've bought new cars in good and bad economy. Bottom line is that it will be a mass production vehicle. End of month incentives and end of year incentives will apply in any economy after the wow factor wears off. Never bargain down from msrp, always up from dealer cost. Just my .02 cents.

Z28x said:
200HP FWD with ultra boring styling vs. 340HP Hemi powered RWD drag'n wagon. :shrug: :rolleyes:

The '05 Monte Carlo is said to be getting a 5.3L V8, to bad it is FWD :nonono:
Too bad every other coupe on the market is FWD :(

Thats a pretty big engine to put in a relatively small engine bay and still keep it fwd. I heard the SS was going to be a supercharged six fwd. Would like to see it revert back to V8 and rwd though. That would be sweet.

I think prices will be higher at first. If they claim GT starts a $25K then with all the goodies can be $30K +. Who knows. I hope not. But the initial craze will drive prices up more. I remember when dealers around here added in an extra $2K over sticker to satisfy demand. Even if they do offer rebates you have to watch out that they are not getting you somewhere else. As for the Monte a V-8 would be cool. RWD would be cooler. Its a full size car and they have the room to do it.

mp67 said:
Thats a pretty big engine to put in a relatively small engine bay and still keep it fwd. I heard the SS was going to be a supercharged six fwd. Would like to see it revert back to V8 and rwd though. That would be sweet.

THe LS1 fits, the problem is they don't have a tranny that can handle the tq. I guess this has been taken car of for '05, it is said that the Impala SS, Monte SS and Grand Prix GXP will all get 5.3L V8s :shrug:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0303GMH_homerun/

0303gm_hr05zoom.jpg