05 GT VS modded 04 GT

• Sponsors (?)

05 will win. Ive raced a 5 speed with a decent driver b4 with my 02 auto gt before i got my procharger and mine had bolt ons, 3.73 gears, hypertech programmer, and he beat me by about 2 1/2 car lenghts in a 1/4 mile. Im pretty sure he'l take u

05 takes it easy. Even if the 2 cars had the same power, i swear the 05GT would win just because its Auto tranny is 10x better than the excuse for an automatic transmission in the 99-04's :nonono:

DocG2828 said:
Maybe I'm starting a war here, but with the new model having higher power ratings, and assuming it wasn't about the driver, how is it that a pre-05 could beat a post-05.
Well the first thing with that is no 2 drivers are the same.
Pretty sure most 05's are about 200 lbs or more heavier and have what 30 more crank hp.

Yeah, I know its all about drivers....but when a question is posted comparing two cars, try as we might we should take the driver out of the equation at least.

And while 30hp at crank may not seem like much, all of us, even me, tried our hardest to get just a few hp more from boltons.

Like I said...just curious what makes the earlier ones likely to win a race when comparing cars.

DocG2828 said:
Yeah, I know its all about drivers....but when a question is posted comparing two cars, try as we might we should take the driver out of the equation at least.

And while 30hp at crank may not seem like much, all of us, even me, tried our hardest to get just a few hp more from boltons.

Like I said...just curious what makes the earlier ones likely to win a race when comparing cars.
yeah bolton's don't really realize much in the way of power gains on the 2v cars.
Now carefully selecting parts, and getting lucky can pay off with a combo that works well.

Plus not hating on the 05's but at least around here they seem to be owned by a bunch of non drivers.