05 GT, Where is the hood scoop?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by TX96GT, Mar 26, 2004.

1. TX96GT

TX96GT New Member

I LOVE MUSTANGS, BUT I DON'T LIKE THE HOOD ON THE 05 MUSTANG. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HOOD SCOOPS? I Hate the flat hood. It doesn't look like a sports car. It looks more like it should be on a 6 cylinder sedan. I was planning on buying an 05 GT when they come out, but after seeing that the hood is so boring, I'll wait for some improvements. Does the hood look plain to anyone else or is it just me?

2. SVTdriver

Founding Member

So you like everything else about the car. But your not buying it simply because it lacks hood scoops?

3. mustang sallad

mustang sallad New Member

i'd rather no hood scoop than a scoop that's just for decoration. it really takes a lot away from a car for me when it pretends to be faster than it is with tacked on stuff that doesn't actually serve a purpose. Leave the scoops for the mach 1 and the cobra, or other cars that'll actually use them.

4. CatmanJJ

CatmanJJ Captain Tangnet

I agree, though the scoop on the current GTs look ****ed, it's such a kick in the pills that it's fake.

5. Wylde

Wylde New Member

My feeling is the same. I will even d-badge my GT when I get it. I want a clean looking car.

6. RICKS

RICKS New Member

Hmmm, new Corvette's don't have tacked-on scoops. The 1969 Boss 302 didn't have a scoop. I think the new Mustang looks clean and businesslike with no scoop, and if you've just GOT to have some phallic enhancement to the hood of your '05, turn to the aftermarket and bolt-on a 1-foot tall super-stocker-snorkel-scoop for all anybody cares. Personalization is a Mustang tradition. Not that the current GT scoop looks bad, it doesn't, it looks nice. But the '05 looks nothing like the '04, and it stands pretty strong by itself, it doesn't "need" a bunch of tacked on crap to hotrod it up like the 99-04 kinda did. It's already there, and it's just right for a "GT" attitude. I'm sure that the ensuing performance models will have trick hoods, and other body effects, that will really turn up the wick on aggressive styling. But there's a ton of potential GT customers that just aren't into looking like a rolling Rambo. And for those who DO want a spicier look, but are on a GT budget, there will be an endless flow of aftermarket do-dads for you to dress out your GT as you wish. I think the car is a perfect balance for showroom stock, and they'll sell more as-is than they would with an obligatory scoop on the hood just to appease a minority of "gotta have a scoop" people.

7. shatner saves

shatner saves New Member

Non functional hood/side scoops **** me off to no end. Leave them off I say.

8. Omegalock

Omegalock New Member

Add me to the list of people that are glad that it doesn't have the fake scoops. The fake scoops on the 99+ do look good but the fact they are fake would be kind of embarrassing. I mean when you think about it it's no better than the ricers having big giant wings on the back of their cars.
    And besides I'd imagine soon enough that an aftermarket hood will be made with the scoops so if you want one you can get one. Just hopefully they'll be some what functional.

9. Avenger

Avenger New Member

WHERE IS THE HOOD SCOOP OF YOUR 96 GT ?????????

10. Stangston

Stangston Member

BRING ON THE FAKE SCOOPS!!!!! :rlaugh: No seriously, I don't think it needs fake scoops, but just more style (lines, indentations, etc.) on the hood/sides (though I'm satisfied with the current look). I'm still hoping for a concept-type hood and maybe concept-type sides.

The scoops on the current model are just fine. I don't walk out to my GT cringing with embarassment because the scoops don't function. I think of them as styling and heritage to Mustangs (the same way the gas cap is on the 2005). Take all non-functional stuff and decorations away, and you're no longer going to have a Mustang.

11. Rampant

Rampant New Member

I would personally rather have a Mach1-style shaker or something functional. But have no fear, Ford has so many variants to choose from down the road, it isn't even funny. They are going to let this first batch of "regular" cars go for a little bit. Then when interest and press opportunities start to wein, begin the the onslaught of variants. I am sure you will get more scoops than you can shake a stick at.

If not, click here...

12. TX96GT

TX96GT New Member

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT FAKE SCOOPS?

I DON'T WANT FAKE SCOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BY THE WAY, MY SCOOP IS ON MY HOOD AND IT IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL, NO THANKS TO FORD! I GUESS IF YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE A WEINIE CAR, THEN YOU'RE ALRIGHT AND YES, THERE ARE OTHER THINGS ABOUT THE CAR THAT I DON'T LIKE. IT LOOKS LIKE AN OLD LADIES CAR. MY GRANDMA'S CAR IS COOLER THAN THE 05. IT'S SAD WHEN A GIRL SAYS THAT. IT IS SO PLAIN LOOKING. I WAS REALLY EXCITED WHEN I SAW THE 05 AT THE AUTO SHOW. IT WAS SWEET. THEN I SEE THE PRODUCTION PICTURES, AND THE HOOD IS PLAIN, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS PLAIN. BOREING!!!!!!!
    NO NEED TO RESPOND IF YOU LIKE WIMPY CARS! :uzi:

13. TX96GT

TX96GT New Member

14. TX96GT

TX96GT New Member

BY THE WAY, IT'S JUST A FREIKING CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO REALLY CARES ANYWAY.

15. bigred0383

bigred0383 New Member

Ok no offense to those that want to legitimately want to be here, but I am getting sick of all these people that joined the forums since the car debuted at the autoshow this spring whining and complaining. This car has been talked about for months and the entire time we were able to discuss the reasons we liked or didn't like the car without petty insults and childish slandering. So at the risk of getting in trouble for saying this. GET A LIFE. Post positive (respectfully), post negative (respectfully) or go post somewhere else.

16. itsgreat2bme

itsgreat2bme New Member

No kidding, when I joined Stang net I was under the impression that it was a place for people that liked mustangs, so forgive me if i'm wrong but i agree with RESPECTFUL criticism.

17. SVTdriver

Founding Member

What you mean to say was you saw the concept car. And we're impressed with it. I won't even begin with why it was a concept not production. It's been discussed far too many times.
    As for the hood scoop on your car. If I read your name right you have a 96 gt right? They didn't have a hood scoop on them. They had 2 sad little vents. So if you have a hood scoop on it. you obviously went aftermarket. What's the problem with going aftermarket again? The mustang has to appeal to large base of people. You can see from just this little survey. That not everyone wants hood scoops.
    Apparently you care. Since you just made 3 angry posts. 2 of them all caps. So obviously you are upset. And not to be terribly critical but it's spelled freaking.

18. Omegalock

Omegalock New Member

Man there is a real good reason I don't have mod powers because I think I would have just abused them with this thread.

19. shatner saves

shatner saves New Member

In with the good air (sniff)....
    Out with the bad (whooosh)..

And... RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxx.

All those capital letters and exclamation points are messing with my "chi".

Yes, funtional scoops are cool. But fake scoops are just lame.

20. TX96GT

TX96GT New Member

GUESS WHAT? I DON'T CARE I JUST LIKE IRRITATING YOU.