Toledo Ohio
Would like to get some good feedback, on
what you guys think of 1/4 windows on new 05 like or dislike

few words or less [like or dislike]

1.> Keep stock ' I like the stock 1/4 windows'

2.> scoops ' something more old school '

3.> Vents ' like the 65-66 stang had'

• Sponsors (?)

I think fake scoops are lame, so unless they scoop the air to somewhere interesting, it's not an option for me. Vents really aren't needed, but they look cool. However, in the end, I'd like as much visibility as possible. I've never driven a Mustang that was easy to see out of and I want as much help as I can get. Plus, I think the window flows well with the rest of the design. What some people call boring I call good clean design. I like how the new Mustang doesn't have any gaudy or non-functional "look at me, I'm sporty" bits. Clean lines and an agressive stance are what makes it for me.

noe said:
the window ends too abruptly, i think if it went back further and ended at a point it would accent the vehicle quite well

As it is, it looks almost exactly like a 66 shelby. same kick-back at the rear edge of the window. There is actually a proper name for that design element, but I can't recall it now. I actually think it is quite clean and slick looking. BMW coupes, sedans, and even some SN95 mustangs have a similar shape on the trailing edge of the quarter windows.

If the quarter windows came to a point, it would look too much like a generic car, a current cavalier coupe, to be precise. And it would not look like any mustang other than a 79-93 hardtop/hatch, and there are not really any other cues from that era on the car. I think that would be a mistake.

I don't think "extractor vents" would look as cool. There aren't any other "vents" or "scoops" on the car, fake or otherwise. It isn't a pontiac, after all.
And visibility would be an issue, as those sail panels are relatively big. I think my wife's miata is hard to see out of to the rear quarters, and the rear window is right behind my head.

Scoops are kind of ubiquitous anymore, like rice burner having a roof-scoop. God, Why? is it mid engine? think not. is it a racecar without heating or cooling? Not. Ram air is one thing, but most of that goes overboard rather quickly.

I like the "walk quietly and carry a big stick" philosophy. Probably the reason that I like a tasteful approach, almost a sleeper, with excellent power, handling, and brakes.

SportscarFan said:
I don't think "extractor vents" would look as cool. There aren't any other "vents" or "scoops" on the car, fake or otherwise. It isn't a pontiac, after all.
And visibility would be an issue, as those sail panels are relatively big. I think my wife's miata is hard to see out of to the rear quarters, and the rear window is right behind my head.
You're right, it ain't a pontiac, its a Mustang and most years have scoops. I think the windows look ok, but I would like to see the option.
Btw, with the looks of the '05, it ain't no sleeper, scoops or no.

well, having driven and owned a few 65/66 fastbacks (AKA 2+2's) both with quarter windows and with louvers...I would even thing of driving the '05 if the windows were replaced by a scoop or louvers...the blind spot is just enormous without the windows...

and the fact the they look just like the ones on a GT-350 is just gravy :nice:

66 BLAKE 96 said:
For the record, Louvers are metal or plastic shades that attach to the outside of glass

VENTS are what the 65-68 fastbacks have. :nice:

hey Blake-

Any pics of your 66 ?
they had 3 types right for 65-68 Vents, louvers or Open like shelbys

So you like the vents on your 66 , knob or something to open for air ?

i loved my 76 cobra II 1/4 windows. you could push them out to get air .

if you have any pics of 65-68 vents,louvers post them

sweet~Low~93 said:
hey Blake-

Any pics of your 66 ?
they had 3 types right for 65-68 Vents, louvers or Open like shelbys

So you like the vents on your 66 , knob or something to open for air ?

i loved my 76 cobra II 1/4 windows. you could push them out to get air .

if you have any pics of 65-68 vents,louvers post them

See my sig for a 65/66 fastback.

Pictures by sweet~low~93

Attachments

• 05 Side  with vent windows.JPG
    05 Side with vent windows.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 117
Here are some pics you guys may like-
65-66 Mustang fastback w/ 1/4 window vents no spoiler

I think this would be the closest thing you to the 05'
if the 05' didn't have rear spoiler and added Vent in 1/4 windows

This is just to help you get a better idea of what the 05' mustang could look like.

attachment.php

attachment.php

~ Please VOTE if you view this tread ~

Some reason I don't think the attachments are Working- i added them and there not Showing up when it go's to tread- SN problems Still ?

Attachments

• 05 Side  with vent windows.JPG
    05 Side with vent windows.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 359
I like the 1/4 window just fine. If anything was added it would be the scoops. The louvres....I dunno I can't get behind. I like some retro other retro makes me think of platform shoes with goldfish in them and the lourvres give me that vibe.