05 Mustang Fuse 47 Problem

bizzyvic

Mar 26, 2016
Hello I have a 05 v6 mustang and I noticed shortly after installing an aftermarket stereo the car seemed alittle odd at times.

I would begin to hear wining when I turned the stearing wheel and creeking when I hit the brakes. And this would randomly happen at one point it will drive with no disturbance than those symptoms would appear and go at random.

So I checked the fuses using the continuity setting on my multimeter so that I could hear a beep everytime I got a good fuse and I heard a beep for every fuse except forfuse 47.

So I thought ok I solved my problem ill just replace the 15a with another and I should be ok. But upon removing the fuse I checked it again while it was out of the fuse box. It gave me a beep indicating the fuse is good. So I put a new one in there anyway and checked it and got no beep. No sign of life even though the fuse is good and beeps when outside of the box.

I would greatly appreciate any insight on this that can lead to what I hope can be an easy fix as I'm not very familiar with fuse 47 and what risks are involved ignoring the problem.

*Edit update

I just went out and checked fuse 47 again and it beeped so wherever all that leads to now has continuity so I started my car and the creeking on the brakes went away along with wining noise when turning the steering wheel and it also moves more freely. But as I mentioned earlier I fear the symptoms will return and when they do I dont think fuse 47 will responding like it does now.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)