05 Mustang GT - Dallas Auto Show

~B7~

Apr 2, 2003
TX
I went to the Dallas Auto show on Wednesday and this is what I saw there. :D The in person quality of the car seems much better than the current model. I was really impressed with the car other than the chip that I found on the front left corner of the bumper (someone did a bad job touching in up). :notnice:

Sorry I had to resize these.

• Sponsors (?)

I just got back from the Dallas show and man...I am so glad I went.

When people were saying the pics don't do the car justice...they were not lying in the least. I mean this thing is just pure gold. Everybody that was around it were going gah gah over it. Ford has a winner pure and simple with this thing. It looks a million times cleaner than the current Stang but it's able to look just as aggresive IMO.
And I think Ford's lineup across the board is going to be highly successful in the next 2-3 years. The Ford products were swamped even at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. Young and old alike were oohing at the Ford GT. The 500 had a decent sized crowd and it was more than a little difficult to find an empty F-150 to climb into. As far as the domestic builders are concerned the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury area has easily twice the amount of people around it. Dodge and Chrysler had a decent amount of folks but the Magnum had maybe 2 or 3 people at a time looking at it. The SRT-10 Viper and Ram had even less than that. The 300C and Crossfire were the only things getting a lot of attention in that area. And GM...damn I'm starting to feel sorry for them. There were more people in the Toyota and Mazda areas than the GM areas. The GTO was deserted. They had a nice yellow one on the floor for people to sit in...most folks were walking right past it. I sat in it for a good 2 mintues before the next group came to look at it and there was no C6 to be seen.

4th set of pictures. These are of the front end. Look how nicely everything lines up on this production model...nice.

I'm running out of space for these attachments. So I can only post so many pictures unless I put them up on a separate site.

Great pics man. Seeing the car in person, what would you say are the cars strengths and weaknesses, appearancewise ?

According to what people are saying and what I read in MotorTrend and C&D, Fords future is looking brighter then ever. Congradulations Ford Motor Company.

Thanks, I figured I'd show you guys some pictures that aren't being seen on most sites. I think we all know what the exterior of a 05 Mustang looks like by now.

In person strengths/weaknesses of the car...hmmm. Well, one obvious thing that has bugged me that you don't have to see in person is the gas door. The rear of the car has the old school gas door look, but it's just a trunk lock. Then the gas door is on the side, so the car sort of looks like it has TWO gas doors. A little weird. Body panels lined up perfect. I even got on my hands/knees and looked under the door panels. Much nicer than my 02 GT. Interior is amazing; I'd say it needs different pedals. The black grill and headlight covers...well, I dont know how long those are going to last through time. The grill will probably fade to a lighter color, and I'm worried that water might get in the headlights (not fog lights). I didn't notice that they put two hood squirters on the hood now. I don't like that...it takes away from the sleekness. The black molding around the door side windows were thicker than I expected in person, you just have to accept it an realize it is a NEW car. The wheels......well, in pictures they look nice and chrome/polished. But in person the finish does't look so good. I was surprised to see how far back the mufflers are now. They're literally inches before the exhaust tips. I'm trying to picture Magnapacks on there, but if you can see the Magnapacks from the side...they're going to look like import mufflers on a Mustang. I have packs, but you can't see them because they're before (not after) the axle. I like the mufflers at the rear, it makes things easier on us. The wheels really do come to the outside of the car, even in the back. This makes me wonder how wide of a wheel/tire combo could be put on the car w/in reason. I mean, the backspacing would have to come to the inside and I don't know how much clearance is left for that. A lot of us are running wider in the rear than in the front....I don't know how possible that is going to be on this car. Well, you don't see a whole lot of 60's Stangs will wider wheels in the back anyways. So going with the retro theme, I think this may force a lot of us to run the same wheel/tire combo on all four corners. There is also now one light above the license plate tag and not two. Also, the tag is in the bumper (obvious) not the trunk.....so when you shut the trunk on this car you won't have that rattley license plate sound (but I shut my trunk using the plate). The door handles are sweet. I love 'em. The side skirts look like that have plenty of room for dust/dirt to sit on them after a good drive. And YES, the car was dirty on the underside for a show car.

Seeing it in person isn't going to help keep me from buying one (for now). Sitting in one would be that much worse, and driving one would be the end of my 02 GT. Once people start seeing this car in their favorite colors and combos...it's going to be crazy.

If I had more room on here, I would post more pictures for you guys.

Omegalock said:
Dodge and Chrysler had a decent amount of folks but the Magnum had maybe 2 or 3 people at a time looking at it. The SRT-10 Viper and Ram had even less than that. The 300C and Crossfire were the only things getting a lot of attention in that area. And GM...damn I'm starting to feel sorry for them. There were more people in the Toyota and Mazda areas than the GM areas. The GTO was deserted. They had a nice yellow one on the floor for people to sit in...most folks were walking right past it. I sat in it for a good 2 mintues before the next group came to look at it and there was no C6 to be seen.

I'm really hoping all the new Detroit RWD V8 cars are a hit. I'm so sick of FWD junk. What did you think of the 300C and Magnum wagon? They seem to be priced pretty well. Big back seat and Hemi power is nice.

Easier to view

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php