05 Mustang GT Handling probs

I tried to piggy-back this onto another thread of mine, but it got no cover...

When I get my GT up to around 60, it starts to behave like it's being buffeted by strong wind, even when there is no wind - the steering feels light and touchy. Also, often when I'm breaking, the car tries to pull to the side and I sometimes have to fight to keep it straight.

I've changed up my wheels n tires, but the same thing is happening with the new shoes.

My 03 GT felt WAY better on the road, and, having just driven it, even my wifes Expedition feels safer at speed.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have any idea what the cause may be?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the info. I thought it was alignment but since the problem persisted after I got my new wheels/tires, realised it was not.

Work away from home, so haven't had time to get to dealer in last 2 weeks (4 kids = CRAZY two weeks at end of year!!!). Hope to take it in tomorrow.

Drove down Beach Blvd to the dealer in Huntington Beach today to have the problem checked out. It's raining though, so they wouldn't even consider looking at it. Thankfully, it's SoCal and we've got a back-to-back storm system which should clear in a week or so, so finger crossed no crashes meantime.

Sure glad I don't live farther north - might have to live with this 'til March!

This is my 3rd Stang in 5 years, wife's lease on her Expedition is almost up (same dealer). No more money for those clowns, though, I think. The guys in the service dept were utterly disinterested today. Offered nothing constructive, just kept telling me to bring it back when it's not raining, then walked off when I asked if the guy could just even take a peak under the car to check things out (this may be a serious problem, after all).

Those guys suck. If you're in HB, or it's environs, I recommend you shop out of town for your Ford.

Also, having tried to get the issue resolved and them showing no interest in doing so, if I get in an accident due to this problem (the car is still very driveable, just pulls some and doesn't quite feel right, but that's my laypersons opinion), would this be something which would interest a litigious lawyer?

ps. Madfish, they said that thing about the tie-rod was crap (again, without checking anything on the car) and that I didn't know what I was talking about (service with smile?!?). It's true, I've no clue and was merely repeating what I'd read, but they didn't give any weight to the fact that you had the VERY SAME problem.

Wow I work at a dealership in Ohio and My service writer will take a car in no matter the weather. Granted its harder to tell brake, suspension, noises when its raining or really wet out. I think your dealership sucks if they act like that. But then I work at a Quicklane which is no appoint. nessecary also and your dealership might not have something like that.