05 Mustang on Discovery 11:00PM (est)

• Sponsors (?)

Hell yeah...turn it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lines are awesome on the 05. The 4th gen looks so fat and bulky setting next to it.
Plus the 05 still looks great without the spoiler.
So get your 05 drop it a little and it'll look just like the Extreme Mustang minus the side exhaust, (which by the way was orgasmic).
Can't wait for my test drive

Now thats more like it, THAT is what I want!! Why cant Ford put that thing out for us? If Mitsu can put out a race car like the Evo for $30K, there is no reason in hell Ford cant put that car out for under $40K. One of those guys nailed it when he said that with the normal production cars they have to balance comfort with performance, but with a car like this they can turn the dial all the way to performance :banana: I was hoping the 05 Mustang would be closer to that, a true "performance" car. screw the comfort-give me the power.

mball said:
Now thats more like it, THAT is what I want!! Why cant Ford put that thing out for us? If Mitsu can put out a race car like the Evo for $30K, there is no reason in hell Ford cant put that car out for under $40K. One of those guys nailed it when he said that with the normal production cars they have to balance comfort with performance, but with a car like this they can turn the dial all the way to performance :banana: I was hoping the 05 Mustang would be closer to that, a true "performance" car. screw the comfort-give me the power.
Just buy an 03/04 Cobra, throw a couple grand in suspension goodies in there, and there's your sub $40k race car. And since when does a momo steering wheel and Brembo brakes make a car a "race car?"
I have only been browsing the 05+ forums for a few days and I'm already tired of seeing your posts. :notnice:

Now back to that sweet a$$ '05.... :drool:

SN95StangMan said:
Just buy an 03/04 Cobra, throw a couple grand in suspension goodies in there, and there's your sub $40k race car. And since when does a momo steering wheel and Brembo brakes make a car a "race car?"
I have only been browsing the 05+ forums for a few days and I'm already tired of seeing your posts. :notnice:

Now back to that sweet a$$ '05.... :drool:

Dont be a dumbass, it has alot more to offer then just the steering wheel and brakes, to quote from SCC: "Just look at the EVO's window sticker. It reads like the spec sheet of an enthusiast's dream car. For the base MSRP of $28,987, you get all-wheel drive with limited-slip center and rear differentials, Brembos at all four corners, 271 pissed-off horses from a hyper-responsive twin-scroll turbo, forged aluminum suspension, Recaro seats, a MOMO steering wheel, aluminum hood and front fenders, and gummy Yokohama tires mounted on ultra-light forged Enkei alloy rims.:

Thats a "race car" IMO, what would be your definition?

I think its time to realize that American sports cars (with the exception of the C6 and Z06) are being built like crap

Lol Mball. That is YOUR quote from another post in this forum. So now I take it your taking that back...Amazing what real world INFORMATION and facts can do when you take the time to research them...

time is 2pm eastern 1 pm central

time is 2 pm (14:00) Eastern and

1 pm (13:00) central on Sunday the 3th of OCT

the show is great, get your VCR ready since the DISCOVERY.com site says that the DVD is not available until November.

mball, did you see the show at all? If you had, you would'e heard them talk about this car, the "Boy Racer", being available (maybe not yet, but soon) through the Ford Performance catalogue. The engine is already there, the 5.0 Cammer engine. Same engine (without the fuel injection) they just put in a '65 2+2 project car. I doube you'll be able to register this car for street driving, but if pro-street drag cars can have this much comfort and be allowed on the street, why not the Boy Racer?

You can park it in the garage next to your Evo8.

Jay

OMG I just watched it on my DVR and can't stop rewinding the track tests! :D
That 05 sounds so frigg'n sweet and looks bad as a mofo. :nice:
I have to say after seeing that program I'm salivating to have one now!