05 Mustang order from Galpin Ford SoCal?

xangel98

Jun 15, 2004
Has anyone ordered the 05 Mustang from Galpin Ford in the San Fernando Valley, CA? If so, how much were you able to get it for? I was thinking of trying them first and see how it turns out.
Actually, if anyone got a good deal anywhere in the Los Angeles area, I would love to hear about it! :nice:

Thanks for any info!

Jonathan

• Sponsors (?)

Not In LA but down in the OC

Sorry no info for you in LA.

But down here in the OC I can't get anyone around the area to take an order...there telling me that they wont be able to place an order until around September/October when firm pricing comes out.

What I got from a friend that works for Ford (mechanic) he said that they are trying to build demand and a back order situation so that they can mark them up as they come in...first come first serve...similar to the MIATA when it was first released.

How some of these people are getting promised deals that are $125 to $500 above invoice is killing me. I am really suspect at the ability to get that price anywhere across the country...especially with pretty much a whole newly designed car.

If anyone has heard any different for the Southern California area please respond.

I went there first before I got my current Mustang thinking I could get a deal because they are so big. I didnt like them at all. They seemed kind of arrogant and I got the impression that it was their way or the highway. I was there 3-4 hours and they didnt tell me anything good new or used. So I went to Kemp Ford in Thousand Oaks and got my car there. My salesman was very cool and not pushy at all. I was able to deal back and forth until I liked the deal.

I wasn't too impressed with Galpin, either. Went there a couple of years ago when my GF was looking for an Escape. We thought that since they were such a big dealer that they would have a big selection and have competitive prices. They didn't seem to have either. The sales manager kept talking about how they had such a good selection, and didn't want to listen to us when we explained what we were looking for, and that they didn't have it - he just commented again that they so many on the lot, and then turned and walked away. The salesman we were working with drove us to an off-site lot that had a lot of cars, but mostly 4 cylinder escapes - we were looking for a V6.

Anyway, we ended up leaving, going to Buerge in Santa Monica. They didn't have what we wanted on the lot, but they did a search of local dealers, and had the car we wanted 2 days later. They were much easier to deal with - more relaxed and with better attitudes.

Where to buy and who has pre ordered

Okay then it looks like we are all looking for a So-Cal place to order an 05 and to get a good deal.

So has anyone on this Forum placed an order for an 05 Mustang in the So-Cal area?

If so, what deal did you get?

Today I am going to go to three different Ford dealerships to see if I can't get Dealer Invoice +500. I highly doubt it but I am going to try.

Brass

I've asked a couple places around the San Fernando Valley area, and they've all pretty much said MSRP. I did have one say that they tend to discount their vehicles, but wouldn't do so on the new mustang until they had a couple in stock.