05' Mustang vs 350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVTdriver said:
This reminds me of a show I was watching. Where "Hot Rodders" were saying they didn't think all the cosmetic things people did back then. Was really considered Hot Rodding a car. Which is what many of the people running civics are doing. They get lambo doors, fiberglass interior, Rollbars that aren't connected to anything, Fire extinquishers mounted to the plastic A-pillar pieces, Big wings, carbonfiber hoods. But yet don't spend much on performance. Other than a K&N and muffler. Yes some of the old hotrods were cosmetic. But many more actually took at least some performance gains to heart.

I owned an Acura Integra prior to my current ride and I used to visit some of the Acura forums and I can tell you, most of them were more concerned about "da bling" than anything else. Yes, there was a small core group that were actually looking for ways to make their car faster but it definitely a small percentage of the population overall.

• Sponsors (?)

DBMSTNG said:
in handling, yes, in acceleration, no. stock to stock, the new GT is just as fast if not faster in E.T. and does trap higher.[/QUO

Where do you get your information from? Are you kidding me!! The Gt is just as fasts as the Evo? Maybe the stock lancer. If your stock Gt can do this i'll be at the dealer tomarrow.

0-60 mph: 4.3 sec
0-1320 ft (1/4): 12.9 sec @ 107.6 mph :rolleyes:

top speed 157 mph

srt4life said:
DBMSTNG said:
in handling, yes, in acceleration, no. stock to stock, the new GT is just as fast if not faster in E.T. and does trap higher.[/QUO

Where do you get your information from? Are you kidding me!! The Gt is just as fasts as the Evo? Maybe the stock lancer. If your stock Gt can do this i'll be at the dealer tomarrow.

0-60 mph: 4.3 sec
0-1320 ft (1/4): 12.9 sec @ 107.6 mph :rolleyes:

top speed 157 mph

Do you guys smell that? I'm picking up a whiff of troll again....

BTW, you drive a NEON.

TomServo92 said:
Do you guys smell that? I'm picking up a whiff of troll again....

BTW, you drive a NEON.

Dont even start with that troll crap, I'm just stating a fact. Who ever posted the specs. for the EVO was VERY wrong.Just in case you where wondering i drive a SRT-4.

one2gamble said:
you have been brainwashed...sorry but the only Fords you have to worry about are the ones built under Nasser.

I guess we should all expect such bias on a Mustang forum. Hell I'm a biased American car lover too. But wake up, the japanese cars have been far superior in engineering and quality for years. I think we're all just hoping that Ford has finally come through with the 2005, but I will remain a skeptic until we really see how the new stangs are doing, maybe 6 months to a year from now.

I'll tell you one thing. If I went and purchased a 350Z, I know there would be no mis-alligned body parts, interior or exterior. The engineering behind it would be grade A, and it would be precision made.

Ford on the other hand has severly tarnished its image when it comes to quality. Hopefully the 2005 Mustang will bring back come credibility.

srt4life said:
First off this is'nt about what i drive. 2nd, what is it with you guys, i prove someone wrong and it makes me a troll. grow up!
Really? well you've been repeatly owned and you're a troll, thats pretty bad.

srt4life said:
First off this is'nt about what i drive. 2nd, what is it with you guys, i prove someone wrong and it makes me a troll. grow up!

It's got nothing to do with what you prove or any facts you state. You've proven over and over again that you're a troll. End of story.

Mach460 said:
Wow...your grasp of obvious modern day commercials is just...BRILLIANT.

My point was that the deuce wasn't a hot rod either. It's what people did to it in the 1950's that made it a hot-rod.

It's the same thing that people are doing today with Civics.

I agree but the deuce was chosen because it was basically the only thing available. Civics are cheap and good mpg so the parents pic them up for the kids and they start moddin them. This is fine but what I cant understand is why someone would purchase a civic to mod it, the EVO,STI are rather expensive and most young people dont have 27-30grand to blow on a new a car. If you look at todays car market there are many many cars that are available for cheap that are much better platforms. One thing I have heard over and over again in reference to mustangs/Camaros and such is that everythings been done so they feel in order to be different these "rice rockets" are the way to go. Many also enjoy the fact that its possible to make them faster than traditional hotrods and enjoy the looks on the faces of their owners when they blow by them.

shadowland2000 said:
I'll tell you one thing. If I went and purchased a 350Z, I know there would be no mis-alligned body parts, interior or exterior. The engineering behind it would be grade A, and it would be precision made.

Ford on the other hand has severly tarnished its image when it comes to quality. Hopefully the 2005 Mustang will bring back come credibility.

since there is a 350z in my garage I will inform you that your are very very wrong in what you "know". There are a multitude of problems with the 350z, they have been adressed for the most part but the build quality is not THAT much higher if at all than the 05 mustang/500. The 03's have a questionable suspension problem that made them burn through tires in less than 10,000 miles. Theres problems with the trannys, windows, brakes, seat durability etc etc etc.

Now since you have been
:owned:

you can actually get out of your house, stop listening to your mother and do some god damned research before you spout bull**** like you are. The 350z is a brand new car on a brand new platform and it STILL HAD PROBLEMS. The mustand was sitting on a 20+ year old platform so it wasnt the best but all that has changed with the 05.

one2gamble said:
I agree but the deuce was chosen because it was basically the only thing available. Civics are cheap and good mpg so the parents pic them up for the kids and they start moddin them. This is fine but what I cant understand is why someone would purchase a civic to mod it, the EVO,STI are rather expensive and most young people dont have 27-30grand to blow on a new a car. If you look at todays car market there are many many cars that are available for cheap that are much better platforms. One thing I have heard over and over again in reference to mustangs/Camaros and such is that everythings been done so they feel in order to be different these "rice rockets" are the way to go. Many also enjoy the fact that its possible to make them faster than traditional hotrods and enjoy the looks on the faces of their owners when they blow by them.
Which aint happenin :D

one2gamble said:
since there is a 350z in my garage I will inform you that your are very very wrong in what you "know". There are a multitude of problems with the 350z, they have been adressed for the most part but the build quality is not THAT much higher if at all than the 05 mustang/500. The 03's have a questionable suspension problem that made them burn through tires in less than 10,000 miles. Theres problems with the trannys, windows, brakes, seat durability etc etc etc.

Now since you have been
:owned:

you can actually get out of your house, stop listening to your mother and do some god damned research before you spout bull**** like you are. The 350z is a brand new car on a brand new platform and it STILL HAD PROBLEMS. The mustand was sitting on a 20+ year old platform so it wasnt the best but all that has changed with the 05.

But were there any misaligned parts? I suspect not, because those kinds of problems would never even make it out of the factory. My brothers 2001 Mustang GT on the other hand looks like it was assembled by the blind. You've got to question Ford when they let this type of crap happen. It's just a complete lack of integrity that shows that profitibility is all that matters.

Japanese car makers don't just care about profit, they actually take pride in their work, all the way down to the assembly people.

I would buy another Ford however, because you just get more for your money, but you definately take more risk.

shadowland2000 said:
But were there any misaligned parts? I suspect not, because those kinds of problems would never even make it out of the factory. My brothers 2001 Mustang GT on the other hand looks like it was assembled by the blind. You've got to question Ford when they let this type of crap happen. It's just a complete lack of integrity that shows that profitibility is all that matters.

Back up there for a minute, You have to ask Ford why that happens? Why didnt your brother then? Why would he purchase a car that was misaligned? Why dont you question his ability on correct judgements on purchasing vehicles if they do not meet the critera of a decent car? You obviously seem to be informed about the car community, why didnt you share your massive knowledge with him and give him a helping hand?

shadowland2000 said:
Japanese car makers don't just care about profit, they actually take pride in their work, all the way down to the assembly people.
Actually thats not true, if they werent doing it for profit, they wouldnt be selling cars, common sense there.

shadowland2000 said:

I would buy another Ford however, because you just get more for your money, but you definately take more risk.

Ok so as long as it's looks are ok. It's a good car. Even though there appear to be other more serious problems. It's all good since the body panels line up. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.