05 mustang

Ricky D

Founding Member
May 10, 2002
canada,quebec
Last Friday I went to check out the new 05 mustang with my wife...

The car looks great from the outside....but the interior really turned me off :notnice: It`s a good thing since i won`t go nuts wanting to get one :D
the stance is too high almost 4x4 ish...17 inch is too small for the car,18`s with low profile would have been better.

I still had the concept car in my head with the hood scoop and all...maybe when the cobra comes out with a scoop or shaker and stripes i`ll think differently...

I went on the 05 mustang board and there is a video of a 05 at the track...
It`s disapointing...04 GTO is faster...I was expecting times like high 12`s or low 13 flat...

On the other hand i like the shelby look a like mags in 17 with the spiners,it looks very retro,and the lime green color is awsome Imo

Some people might say sour grapes...he talks bad about the 05 ,cause he can`t afford one...I got a new car last year for my wife...I wanted to wait for the 05 Mustang to come out but....her mind was set on the new Acura TSX 04...It was the same price as the 05 Mustang...In Quebec it retails 36K ,the same as the Acura,i didn`t agree with the purchase at first but it made her Happy to get the Acura! But I must say for the price that Ford sells the Mustang...They should have done a better job on the interior....My 89 mustang was ugly inside the plastic looked cheap ...My daily Driver is a 99 explorer 2 door and my interior look decent at least...If the 05 Mustang interior would have been as nice as it should have been,my Explorer would be for sale right now... :D

I can`t wait to see the lime green color on a car,I saw it only in the Brochure.I think it would look great on a II :D with the CobraII stipes in white and the louvers ...Hummmm :D

• Sponsors (?)

dunno, I hate the speaker covers in the door, but this makes me weak

ford-mustang-projects-01.jpg

Attachments

• ford-mustang-projects-01.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 112
Every Mustang- from gen. 1 to now have things we like and don't like- but pound for pound- this '05 is the best GT ever built- I'm not talking special editions (Boss, Cobra, etc...) just base GT- the '05 has it all- with some obvious flaws- but no one car is absolute!

admdavs said:
Every Mustang- from gen. 1 to now have things we like and don't like- but pound for pound- this '05 is the best GT ever built- I'm not talking special editions (Boss, Cobra, etc...) just base GT- the '05 has it all- with some obvious flaws- but no one car is absolute!

That's one of the reasons we buy tools.

admdavs said:

I agree 100% ...I guess I was expecting too much....because of the way the exterior looksi!Deceiving on the inside...

It`s like a girlfriend i had a while back(before I got married) :D Very good looking but no brains :rlaugh:

77sleeper said:
dunno, I hate the speaker covers in the door, but this makes me weak

Yeah! I forgot to talk about the speakers in the doors :notnice: It`s ricey

The stance of the car you posted on your reply...is wayyyyy much better.Ford design team :lol: take a good look at that ,it `s how a Mustang should be....unless they are expecting to realese an all wheel drive version.... :rlaugh:

The concept car was also hot too!!

Attachments

• ford-mustang-projects-01.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 79
An 04 GTO is faster? You've got to be kidding. The 04 GTOs I've seen at the track run high 14s. I was racing two weeks ago and there were two 05 GTs there going 13.4-13.6 STOCK. The 05 GT turns the fastest 1/4 mile time for a Mustang GT EVER.

CobraIILover said:
An 04 GTO is faster? You've got to be kidding. The 04 GTOs I've seen at the track run high 14s. I was racing two weeks ago and there were two 05 GTs there going 13.4-13.6 STOCK. The 05 GT turns the fastest 1/4 mile time for a Mustang GT EVER.
Yes,one thing you
can't complain about is the low to mid 13 second time slips! :nice:

obviously someone never saw the shootout between the gto and an 04 mach 1.... the mach made it look real bad. I've already seen articles saying they might stop gto production because they are not selling, only about 3K of them. That's what you get when you try to make a grand prix a GTO! What is realk funny is that a II has more back seat than the 05! So far the lack of room compared to my 93, the ricer window switches, and no throttle cable are about the only down side. By the way, if you lok at the hood, it's already set up for a shaker, even the v6's!

I love the 05, I like it better then the concept even. I'm very impressed by the track numbers, I was thinking they would be doing like 14.1's but mid 13's is awesome!

http://www.ot2.cupofnoodles.com/trishield/04goat_vs_05stang.wmv

I don`t know if this link will work but if it ..that`s where I got the information about the 04 gto being faster....it is in the 05 forum. :(

I would like to see a race between an 04 cobra and an 05 gt ....I know where my money would go....

I`d race and 04 gto any time with my car ,my best et was 12.94 since I installed my T-5...I ran 13.2 with the c-4

admdavs said:
'04 GTO is slower than an '04 Mach 1 which is equal if not a few ticks slower than an '05 GT

Did you watch the video?

I don`t want to start a debate....let`s not forget that in the equation,the car is one thing but there`s also a driver :nice: I hope you guys are right ,It would be a real shame that the 04 gto be faster :bang:

CobraIILover said:
The GTO ran 13.59? That's nowhere near a stock car. He's prolly got a big shot of spray on it. Even blown GTOs I've seen barely break the 13s.

And why would you wanna see an 04 Cobra race an 05 GT?

You seem to know a lot more about the gto than I do,i could care less about the X brand :D I never really checked them out...the first time I saw one one on a track was on that video.... :shrug: so I don`t know what I`m talking about...the gto looks too ricey fror me to have any special interest in it.

To answer your question about the Cobra,I would say why not,too much of a good thing is not a bad thing :nice: I`ve seen some pretty quick Cobras out here! Mustang vs Mustang is :nice:

I wish that we would have more II`s racing at the track, breaking 13`s :banana: and perhaps beating a few Fox ,cobras ,gt`s, and earn respect for the II`s :D

Next summer i`ll be : either blown with a Procharger or on the bottle!I would like to know if anybody did a centrifugal set up on their II`s?

Well, I own a performance shop, it's my business to keep up with what's out there. The GTO is acutally imported from Austrailia. Since GM has no rear wheel drive cars left (except the vette), they had to import that car from Austrailia (where some of the wildest cars still exist) and rebadge it as the GTO. It's a feeble attempt to try to capture the mid class performance market, of which GM has zero cars here in the US left. They run 14.7-14.9s stock.

As for the 04 Cobra vs 05 GT, it's not really fair to put a supercharged 4V against an NA 3 valve :). The 03/04 Cobra is the most impressive Mustang ever built, and will most likely stay that way for a while. I've got an 04 here for a 600rwhp build up, and that's on the stock motor :D.

Well to play fair I guess we should bring a Falcon over! No not the UTE, the V8 of course! As for fast II's, yeah they are nice, but we modify them becasue we are stang owners. They were never designed that way, as most Mustangs were. To each it's own unique place and time.... But being first never hurt!