'05 Mustangs are about to ship

• Sponsors (?)

I want to be the first member to get the GT

Please Lord, let me be the first one to lay my hands on a new GT. My Pre order was for a Black fully loaded GT with EVERYTHING except 500 watt instead of 1000 watt shaker.
I orderd the side air bags, anti theft etc :nice:

PerformanceRed said:
I'm gonna wait and get the new 2006/2007 Cobra Mustang. I am sick and tired of the underpowered 300 hp Mustang GT. I would rather have 400hp+ "stock" in a Mustang rather than only 300 hp. Plus, the Cobra might not look as bland as the 2005 Mustang GT does.

300HP underpowered??? You haven't even driven one and you're "sick and tired" of it? 300HP (it's actually closer to 325 according to some early dyno results from Steeda) for only a $25K sticker (much less if you bargain) is an incredible deal. It's Mach 1 performance at GT prices. You are not only clueless, you're delusional as well.

TomServo92 said:
300HP underpowered??? You haven't even driven one and you're "sick and tired" of it? 300HP (it's actually closer to 325 according to some early dyno results from Steeda) for only a $25K sticker (much less if you bargain) is an incredible deal. It's Mach 1 performance at GT prices. You are not only clueless, you're delusional as well.

Dont feed the troll. Dont forget PerformanceRed just Yesterday posted the BS story "Herb Chambers Ford just got a Truckload of Mustangs in."

I'm just wondering how anyone could be "Sick and tired" of a car that just started shipping yesterday and NO customer has taken delivery.

Then there's the question as to how you can be "sick and tired" of a car that you don't own and have never driven.

I know that I'm not in the running to get one in the first batch... I finally got my order in on Monday of this week.

I had to drive 30 miles to get to a decent and competent dealership that didn't have all their mechanics on strike.

I don't have a ship date yet, but my estimated production date is middle of October. So, I'm guessing early November. Just in time for all the snow and ice.

This is definately good news. I think I may be in the running for the cars. I didn't special order mine, but over a month ago I put $500 down on one of the GT mustangs the dealership had coming to him.

Bring on the banana!

:banana:

TomServo92 said:

Yes, underpowered. I havent seen one '05 break 100mph yet. I've gotten 102 mph with just bolt-ons. I'm not wasting time and messing around with GTs anymore. Only Cobra's from now on.

Ryan L said:
Yes, underpowered. I havent seen one '05 break 100mph yet. I've gotten 102 mph with just bolt-ons. I'm not wasting time and messing around with GTs anymore. Only Cobra's from now on.
For most people 300 horsepower isn't underpowered -- it's a good power level for the street, not too much, not too little. If you are fixated on the drag strip, then there is no such thing as "enough" -- everything is underpowered :).

Dave