05 or 06? need quick help!

BrutalStang

Aug 2, 2004
PA
ok, well i was looking at a GTO, but i decided no. well now im convinced more then ever after seeing a co-workers 05 GT convert that i NEED a new GT. i just love it way to much.

ok, so heres my problem. im going to order one, because the dealers around here cant keep a GT in the lot more then an hour. right now my local one only has 2 V6's, and this morning it was 4.

so, when i order one, do i order an 05 GT, or an 06? the 06's should be coming out soon anyway i figure. i was just wondering if there is any key differences that i should consider when deciding this.

so basically, what are going to be the changes to the 06 GT(if any) over the 05?

thanks for any info.

• Sponsors (?)

The order banks for the 05 have been closed. If you order a Mustang GT, it WILL be an 06. At this point the only way you can get an 05 GT is to buy one out of dealer stock.

The only changes to the 06 GT are:
1. 2 new colors (2 old deleted)
2. 2 different 18" wheel options
3. Possible changes in badges (not confirmed)
4. Price is slightly higher.

wow, thanks for that great answer!

one other question though, redfire wont be deleted will it? when i order it im going to get that color because i love that shade of red.

and while im here, when i order(planning on monday) should i go with the bullitt style 17's or a set of 18's?(or 18 in bullitt style if they have it?)

if your gonna change the wheels anyways, like me, just go with the 17 inch bullits or bright machined wheels, no sense in spending extra money if your just gonna put on aftermarket wheels anyway...i ordered an 06 gt premium 5-speed in vista blue...the wait is killin me....

how long until you get your 06? about 2 months?

my plan is for a 06 GT in redfire premium 5-speed with the color accecnt pack(which means i have to have the interior upgrade pack), the shaker 500, and the bullitt style wheels. and the spoiler delete.

im not really planning on upgrading the wheels, but will the 18's be a huge difference in handling? im not really planning on modding that one to much anyway, just little stuff.

you wont even notice the handling difference for an 18...no big deal, what priority do you have? if your like a ten i think its 12-14 weeks after august 8th, a priority 1 would be 6-8 the way its looking, ordered mine under x-plan....i plan on putting those american racing torque thrust 2's in 18x9 on mine, similar to the bullit but in crome and look a lil better in my opinion

how do you get a higher priority? im going to order monday so i havent talked to them about it yet.

i have bought several fords from this dealer, and im going to use x-plan pricing as well. will this give me priority 1?

no, it will not, the deal is with mine i test drove an 05 that was ordered under x-plan ($2000 off) and the guy backed out, i wanted it but they wouldnt sell it under x-plan, they wanted to sell it for list and make the extra $2000, ****ty way to deal with a repeat customer, so i said the hell with them and walked out...they realized i was pissed about it and offered to order me an 06 with everything i want under x-plan and priority 1...because i threatened to go to another dealership ive never dealt with, ive bought 2 new fords from them in under 3 years, so i figure they want to keep my business....the dealership is gem city ford in quincy, illinois, 45min. from me here in missouri....

so, maybe if they tell me its gonna take to long i can sort of do the same thing? you think they will try to keep the time down for me? either way im going to order it, but i want it before winter comes. ive bought 3 fords from my dealer, here in PA. so im gonna tell them that i want priority 1.

and if i dont get it, oh well at least i tried.

good job showing them whos boss :nice:

mabye you could do what i did, tell them "i am a repeat customer and have bought 3 fords from you and you should at least give me a priority of 10" if they say no, tell them "fine, if this is the kind of service i can expect from you then i will find another dealer, i expected more, i have done alot of business with you guys and this is what i get mabye i should go to xxxx dealer" you could try that....its just one of my few so called tricks....

I really think it depends more on how many allotments your dealership is given. Apparently dealerships get different allotments depending on how many of that syle car they sold in the past. Some poor souls on this board had a 10 priority but still never got a car.... the dealership never had any allotments to hand out.
So just because you have a 1 or 10 priority doesn't seem to make a hill of beans when you will get your car... the nearest I can figure is this is just a dealer internal number to assign who gets cars. Of course 1 would be better then 10.
I have had my car on order since April... now it is being rolled to a 06 with a 10 priority which is the same I had with the 05. However this time I was told I'm first in line for the 06.
I will wait and see... Perhaps have to sneak a drive past every so often.. by rights the first 06 that arrives should be mine.

CHCPMAN

My order was also around april or before i forget now.. well yea it was rolled over to an 06' and the guys at santa margarita ford said dont expect anything untill late october.. at least thats if ford only makes them at the rate they were for the 05's.. i sinserly doubt ford is going to make the same ammount of cars for 06.. i would not be surprized to see the production numbers increase substantially. Ford has a great product, they are not going to piss people off by not having a product ready for them. the product works, people love it, and there are no known problems(of substance) with the vehicle. theres no reason for ford to make any less than its maximum ammount each plant can produce.