05 release date?

Ford dealers have less current and accurate information than the latest car mags or internet sites. Magazines have investigative staffs to find this out. Ford dealers have salesman that dont know crap about mustangs. I have had so much bad info about cars come from dealers. The sales manager told my wife to enjoy her new "5.0" when she bought her 2000 gt. :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

alrox said:
According to BON the 04 mustang final submit date is May 5th. JOB1 on the 05 Mustang starts Sept. 7th. Cars should arrive at dealers in early October.

That is what my dealer told me 2 days ago, only difference is he said they would be arriving Nov...Being in Canada sucks some times (crappy winters, late to get the cool stuff, if we even get it at all...) Maybe I should move south of the border? :shrug:

alrox said:
According to BON the 04 mustang final submit date is May 5th. JOB1 on the 05 Mustang starts Sept. 7th. Cars should arrive at dealers in early October.

March 5 is the last day that Ford will accept orders for the 2004 Mustang.

May 5 is the end of production for the 2004 Mustang.

Wylde said:
That is what my dealer told me 2 days ago, only difference is he said they would be arriving Nov...Being in Canada sucks some times (crappy winters, late to get the cool stuff, if we even get it at all...) Maybe I should move south of the border? :shrug:

That's better than what my dealer told me. He said he wasn't expecting cars until this time NEXT YEAR.

That's Canada for ya.

I will be building either the 2005+ mustang or the 2004+ f-150 this year. the thing is all mustangs up until the 04's you see today were and are being built at the dearborn asembly(rouge) plant. the 2005 models will be built about 20 miles down river at flat rock AAI. now ford has built a brand new state of the art plant complete with real grass on the roof to build 2004 f-150 and future models next to the old mustang plant. the new home of the mustang is short alot of workers whom will most likely come from the old mustang plant which will prob be torn down or made into a museum or something. as things are looking now I might just be building 05 mustangs come sept or when we get called in. when production ends on the 04 mustangs in a few months most of the workers will be going next door to the f-150 plant and some down to AAI. so it's a sure bet that the 05 mustang won't begin production until sept 7 of this year.

hmmm? Maybe it depends on where you live. I am in Palm Springs, CA and my friend at the Ford dealer I have known for years and who I trust implicitly said he will have the first few in on July 8th.

mball said:
hmmm? Maybe it depends on where you live. I am in Palm Springs, CA and my friend at the Ford dealer I have known for years and who I trust implicitly said he will have the first few in on July 8th.
Sorry but that is way toooo early....wayyyyyyy tooooo early!

hehe, so they will be out AFTER July? I can live with that. The lease on my F-150 isn't up till Jan 05 and I can use the extra time to get more payments behind me if it doesnt come out till later in the year.

mball said:

I suggest that you make a wager with your Ford dealer. If they don't have any 2005 Mustangs on their lot by July 8, they give you your Mustang for free.

The scheduled date for start of production is September 7. But, it could slip if there are any last minute problems.