05 Roush *6 PICS ALL SIDES*

• Sponsors (?)

I'm thumbs-down on it, on alot of levels. The front end looks like a fat lower lip, looks like it angles and sticks upward out of square with the rest of the nose and car, and doesn't in any way integrate with the rest of the car down the sides. It's too damn much "bulk", just like I feel that the SN-95 Roush's were too nose-chunky (just my opinion, no offense intended). The hood scoop? Flat-out cheeseball. A scoop works on the 99-04 because of the recess in the hood. Here, it looks no better than a pep-boys scoop bonded to a jacked-up '87 Camaro. The wheels are sharp, but they're overpowered by all the excessive body gee-gawing going on. The C-pillar louvers look straight out of the J.C. Whitney catalog in design, and attachment. The exhaust treatment is VERY slick, but that lower "bulge" that wraps around the tail of the car ruins it, and just makes the car, again, look chunky and clunky. The spoiler? It's alright, but again, a little over-the-top. In short, they tried too damn hard, went way over the top where you have SO much going on to make it look aggressive, it just looks flakey instead. My best analogy is that they should have aimed for the image of The Rock, but they got carried away and wound up with some amalgumation between Randy Savage and Nature Boy Rick Flare.

Good

1. Rear wing is ok
2. Side moulding below doors is acceptable
3. Exhaust looks good
4. Painted mirrors
5. Wheels are ok

Bad
1. Giant redneck tacked on hood scoop looks like something you would see on a 1977 camaro in a trailer park
2. Front air damn/ bumper cover is straight out of an APC ricer catalogue
3. Whats up with the cutouts that are in the bumper (extra glove boxes?) They look filled in so Im not sure of the funtionality.

Not sure
1. Quarter window louvers

On the plus side. If you are ever tired and need a place to sit, it looks like the front bumper could double as a bench.

Roush1027-5.jpg

Looks dam fine too me! The only thing I would change is the grill and maybe the rims. I think it looks a lot better than the stock GT and Saleen look. Unfortunately, it will probably have a Saleen price...

Come on, the is a HIGH dollar car.
We're trying to find some little thing we like about it and find "acceptable".
Instead we should be looking at it and saying "WOW! That car is Bad A--!"
Get with it Roush! Get a clue!

Jason

To much, too much, too much. Simplify, man. If I wanted my car too look like that I'd by a 300zx and be done with it. I could see using one or maybe two of the pieces (I like the window louvers) but the whole package together is garish.

sgtfirormsg said:

While I feel obligated to stand to be counted with the majority in that this thing looks too "ricey" for my taste, there is some good to be seen in this...

...Ricers now have incentive to buy and mod a REAL car.

Any chance that hood scoop is functional?

Maybe it is a bit much for those of us who have watched the development of the 05 since Day 1. But, for people who normally wouldn't even look at a domestic, especially Generation Y, I believe the Roush will definitely have some appeal to the tuner crowd. And, yeah, while the design is too "busy" for most of us, I am grateful that it is still relatively coherent... unlike some body kits I've seen for Civics, Integras, and Celicas... ESPECIALLY Celicas...