05 Saleen s281 @ Anaheim Auto Show

• Sponsors (?)

The car looks very nice. However not nice enough to constitute the lofty price tag. $60K for the 500HP version. :rlaugh: at the buyers when the C6 Z06 will stomp the crap out of it in all aspects. JMO of course.

I would like to see more angles of the Roush. A mustang shouldn't cost close to $40K, modded or not. $40K for a S281 not even the SC version, or $40 or less for a slightly used Z06 putting out 80 more ponies at that. Oh well.

:nice: Looking at it a second time I think it looks pretty mean. I like the whole front and sides of the car, the hood is nice, as is the front valence panel. The only thing i would change is taking the second wing off the back (plain ducktail) and i would remove the two black panels on each side covering up the tailights.....come on it's a mustang there are supposed to be three bars on each side....just my opinion though

In the pictures the badge on the sides say "supercharged". did they just stick that on there to show what it would look like or is the supercharger hiding under there somewhere?

also are those tips fake? look at the pics in the saleen club link.

eh....

I've always been a big Saleen fan, but...
don't like the wing, don't care for the taillights at all...the rest is OK but doesn't seem to match the lines of the car well. I think the photochopped 03 Saleen front end looked better than this one personally.

I like more on the Roush than I do on this one.

What's up with the exhaust?

SOEC_P1010056c.jpg

It has to do with a new design that makes the exhaust not too loud when you are driving around at low mph but under hard acceleration it opens right up. I will try to get additional info on this. But from the picture that we have of the exhaust, it looks as if there is a drop down tube to allow exhaust out...

Take half the junk off the car and start over.The GT is just perfect from every angle .I got mine last sat and can't stop drooling over it. Also opened up the air box a bit and it pulls as strong as my friends 03 Mach. The sound is just right , intake roar and exhaust.Once i get some miles on her she should FLY !!!

The proportions just aren't right. The front looks awesome, but the back...it just looks...too long or something. I think the back end(trunk area) on the regular gt's looks too long as it is, and here it looks like saleen added more length to attach the ducktail spoiler part or something.

Overall, i think it looks pretty cool, but the back is just too damn long.

No, sorry I can't see it looking at all like the Corvette.

You will have to give it time to grow on you, I didn't like the 1999 Mustang when it came out at all along with alot of other people. Now I love it and also have one (a 2002 Saleen to be exact)

You will have to lay your eyes on the car first before you make your complete opinion, not just from pictures.

Having seen it, it looks much better in person. The double spoiler needs to go (almost like they had extra stock from the s351 days), and I would change a couple other things. But overall, it changes the whole look of the Mustang and looks pretty good overall. Certainly not retro-modern, and not very "Mustang", but nice none-the-less.