05 Stang GT Traction Control

• Sponsors (?)

Stang2k5 said:
Im new to TC .. this is the first car ive had that has it. Does TC use more fuel and does it greatly reduce 0-60 acceleration ?

I doesn't use more fuel and doesn't affect acceleration unless you start to slide or spin,. Then it will limit the power of the car, which would affect acceleration. Essentially, the traction control is always off. It only kicks in when it detects that it is needed. Excessive wheel spin, slide, etc.

I read that the programming of the TC in the 2005 has been tweaked a bit to better allow "pealing out". :nice:

As mentioned, turning TC 'on' doesn't suddenly decrease the traction between the tires and the road, nor does turning TC 'off' cause an increase traction. It just helps to keep the rear tires from spinning vastly faster than the front tires. Have you ever "dragged" a riced Civic, when you are two blocks past the light you look in your rearview mirror, and see the Civic still at the light, not moving at all, but it front tires are spinning like heck? :D

GT-03 said:
I read that the programming of the TC in the 2005 has been tweaked a bit to better allow "pealing out". :nice:

As mentioned, turning TC 'on' doesn't suddenly decrease the traction between the tires and the road, nor does turning TC 'off' cause an increase traction. It just helps to keep the rear tires from spinning vastly faster than the front tires. Have you ever "dragged" a riced Civic, when you are two blocks past the light you look in your rearview mirror, and see the Civic still at the light, not moving at all, but it front tires are spinning like heck? :D

Isn't it a contradiction using the words "Civic" and "tires spinning like heck" in the same sentence? :D

TomServo92 said:
Isn't it a contradiction using the words "Civic" and "tires spinning like heck" in the same sentence? :D

I was just trying to pick a car name that wouldn't offend anyone. :D

(I also own a Civic, my beater car.)