05+ Stang track times

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
I was just looking around at the 05+ forums and noticed that a guy ran in the mid to uper 12s on a mostly stock auto S197. This is not fare :nonono:

2005 GT Auto
12.721 @ 108.26 with JLT and SCT Tune, Kooks Long Tubes, 4.10 gears and High Flow Cats.

• Sponsors (?)

yea those 05+s are no joke. heck with just a jlt intake and an sct tuner they gain about 30rwhp. for the 5spds ive seen times in the 12s with intake, chip, midpipe, catback and gears and thats it. i have also seen all motor builds with vt stage 2 cams and some heads with full boltons and they make 380rwhp.

No back seat, racing seats up front to start.

My buddy just got an 05 GT auto, and coming from a 99 GT auto with a stall, performance built trans, 4.30's, intake, o/r x, Flows, and tune he said the 05 would whoop it up and down dead stock.

Makes me upset. Oh well, look at the price your spending on an 05 and look at the price of nitrous, tune, and drag radials on your allready being paid for new edge.

All I know is if I ever get another stang down the road Its gonig to be an 05+. For now I'm just going to keep building mine up. What is a good way to get ride of some weight in our cars?

Dynabatt battery
Lightweight hood or remove the hardware of the stock hood
Spare tire and Jack
Rear Seat and Passenger Seat at the Track
Tubular Front End
Weld Drag Lights
Aluminum Drive shaft

There are some more, but I would start with some of those

horsepower:

sn-95<new edge<s-197:D

Sad, but true. I spent the day at the track with a handful of 05-07s and can confirm those 3Vs are very strong to pull the extra size and weight of the new body style. With minimal mods, most had gears, CAI, tune with DRs running in the very low 13s and one even touched 12.9s. Nice interiors also. Got to give credit where credit is due.

Why is it sad?? I fully expect Ford to continue to increase the hp with new models. Wouldn't you think something is wrong if they decide to lower the power of the new model?

I actually was laughing a little at your post and don't take it too seriously as I'm happy with where I'm at with my stang right now. I'm still working on improvements however and happy for the new stang owners really, but a admit a little jealousy at how strong they run with minimal mods.

One of my buddies ended up getting an 05 a few months back because he liked my 01 so much. I went for a ride in his car and the new stangs are very nice. As others have post, I'm also happy with my car right now. I have most major bolt ons and my car is mostly paid off. The only other thing left would be some cams and super charger. I know my car isn't going to be the fastest but it is faster then a lot of cars on the road.

I made the switch this past labor day...

couldnt be happier:D

So far i have JLT CAI, Bamachips tune, and GTA Shelby Mufflers. It is sitting on Black 20" Foose Nitrous wheels. I might just lower it, slap a MGW in there and an o/r H. Oh and 4.10s.

You know, I rather have a pre 05 and yeah some things about them are "better" than what we have but honestly we are really just talking about stock and simple bolt ons. If you really want power, all you have to do is find a 4V motor to build, or even build the 2V up and then it wont matter anymore. Once you get over the 300rwhp mark, alot of it is up to the driver, tires, suspension. Don't get too down about it, I'm not...I know there are always ways to make mine faster if I wanted, just enjoy your car for what it is, not what it isn't.

one thing i like about ours way better than the 05s is the feel. those feel huge on the inside i kinda like having a smaller feel. mine also feels like it has more torque than my bros. but his top end pull is worlds better than mine. those 3vs breathe much better than the 2v.