05 Stang vs. 04 GTO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
302RWP said:
but back to the GTO, i read in C&D that the car is not at all what it is up to be. they took some Australian car and slapped the GTO badges on it. id take a mustang over that any day

Welcome to last year. THe GTO is a Holden Monaro with a more powerfull LS1 and Z06 spec tranny.

Mach428 said:
I wouldn't even place the two in the same catagory, I though of the GTO as more of a, "Go to work with a little bit of comfort and performance car." I really wouldn't consider it an alternative to the Cobra

That is like saying the Z28 and Mustang GT arn't in the same category. Both the Z28 and GT were close in price but the Z28 had 50HP more, I see that as the same relationship the GTO and '03-04 Cobra have.

• Sponsors (?)

Z28x said:
That is like saying the Z28 and Mustang GT arn't in the same category. Both the Z28 and GT were close in price but the Z28 had 50HP more, I see that as the same relationship the GTO and '03-04 Cobra have.

I don't think your understanding my point, I'm not saying that the Cobra and the GTO are't competiton for eachouther due to price and specs, rather then the Cobra and GTO attract diffrent crowds. Like I said the GTO will be a Luxuary car with pep, probably something people will go back and fourth to work with. You won't see too many highly moddified GTO's at the drag strip, they will be hauling people around to work in style. The Cobra is an all out performance machine, it's a seperate class. These two cars are very diffrent from a GT and ls1 comparison. And as I said before, the GTO is about 150lbs heavier then the Cobra, thats worth roughly another 15hp worth of performance if you think about it.

OK, first we are arguing over a car that is not even being sold yet.....vs a car that most have never even driven. Lets stay on topic here. Be happy the american car companies even offer a RWD v8.

Status
Not open for further replies.